“Pancake heaven!”

Du-par's Restaurant & Bakery
Ranked #189 of 10,140 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Central L.A
Description: Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Great outdoor patio, award winning pancakes. Late night diner. Beat the Clock dinner special. For more than seven decades, Du-par’s has been a part of the LA coffee shop tradition, serving millions their famous breakfasts and fresh fruit pies. Other Locations: Studio City, CADowntown Las Vegas, NVPoint Loma, CA
Reviewed July 13, 2013

If you think you don't like pancakes, please give this place a try. WOW are their pancakes good! First visit with my husband and son July 12th and we had a wonderful late breakfast. Coffee was great, husband and son both had classic eggs Benedict and a short stack and I had a short stack and bacon, which came with a coffee. Service was great, beautiful location at the Farmers Market at 3rd and Fairfax and just a great time at an LA original! Highly recommend this place! Prices are very reasonable. Oh! I forgot to mention their citrus juices are freshly squeezed...hubby ordered grapefruit juice and it was so fresh and delicious! This location is open 24/7. Not sure if they accept reservations. This would be a great regular hang for friends to meet, have a great meal and visit the Market.

There are newer reviews for Du-par's Restaurant & Bakery

Reviewed May 23, 2013

If you are looking for fluffy, perfect consistency pancakes, look no further than Du-par's. If you want REAL corned beef hash, fresh and not overly loaded with potatoes, this is the place for you. They have a pretty full menu but we've only gone for breakfast. It's worth the drive - plus Du-par's is located in Farmer's Market at 3rd and Fairfax - fun place to go with friends and family. Everyone we've brought to this restaurant has gone back numerous times. It's an older establishment that feels like the neighborhood hang out. We were first introduced to Du-par's in old Las Vegas (fabulous!) - and were thrilled to find out that the original was at Farmer's Market in L.A. Our only bad experience at a Du-par's (do you notice a pattern here?) was at their location in Studio City. Maybe the cook was having a bad day, maybe the servers were having a bad day - but I wouldn't go back to that one. This is not a huge chain, there are only a handful of them. Take your friends for a fantastic breakfast and then make a day of it shopping at the Grove, which is within a half block.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

After reading Harry Bosch novels by Michael Connelly, I had to try Du-pars. His description of the pancakes made me make the trek from Tujunga while I was visiting (from Washington state) my great aunt. I was not disappointed! They were fluffy and huge-in fact I couldn't finish them. Ironically, I brought a Harry Bosch novel with me and read it while I ate. What a great morning! Good pancakes and eating outside in the sun. I would highly recommed these.

3  Thank Nancy W
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Very nice pies and cakes. It claims to have the best pancake in America. Not sure if this is true, but it is the one of the oldest in the Original Farmers Market.

1  Thank Franciswon
Reviewed April 10, 2013

This is probably not the most observant review as I was meeting a good online friend for the first time and really the highlight of the visit for me was that, and the service, food etc could have been mediocre and I'd still have had a wonderful time. But the food WAS good. I had the pancakes, soft, light, fluffy short stack with melted butter and maple syrup. i left the butter, sacrilege possibly, but I can't eat it. They were still delicious!!! My friend had eggs and I'm sure she enjoyed them. Waiter was very friendly, Set on the edge of the Farmer's Market. You can get parking and have it validated. Overall a great visit. Wonderful company, good food, great service.

2  Thank MariceNZ