Holiday Inn Express North Hollywood - Burbank Area
Ranked #79 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We totally enjoyed our 3 night stay here. We checked in around 7pm, after a day of sightseeing. I was recognized as a rewards member and was given a welcome gift. I was pleasantly surprised when I asked the staff member where I can buy some fruit but instead, he went to the kitchen and brought me a full little bag of oranges and apples!
To keep my review short, here is the list of things that we loved,
1) everywhere is clean and new
2) very soft towels
3) comfy bed and pillows
4) very friendly and pleasant staff
5) very nice pool and surrounding
6) complimentary breakfast so we don't need to start the day by looking for food
7) parking spot right by the entrance. $7/day reasonable
We will definitely stay at this hotel again next time we are in LA!

Room Tip: 2nd floor which is the same floor where the pool is
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank nervoustravelleyyz
Hotel-ManagementCA, Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Hollywood - Burbank Area, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Thank you for noticing all the small things we do for our guests. Our staff tries to accommodate needs of every guests. Your happiness is our happiness. Thank you for noticing, and it was a pleasure to have you at our hotel.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

This is a newer hotel and it is very modern. The staff were all very helpful and polite. The beds were extremely comfortable and we did not hear any noises from any neighbors. The neighborhood is industrial and nothing much to look out, but it is safe and clean. The pool water was warm (which I love) so I was able to enjoy it before we had to check out. We would stay here again if we were in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank philangie6370

Thank you for your kind comments. Our architects have designed a modern building fitting the Hollywood art theme. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Stayed here whilst travelling down West coast of California, and calling at Warner Bros and Universal. The hotel is freshly decorated, modern clean and stylish. Good car parking facilities. The room was spacious and had all we needed. There's even a decent swimming pool with loungers, chairs and tables. No views, nothing fancy but good basic staples. Convenient to Universal as there's the subway and busses around the corner. Warner Bros was 8 mins by car. Fair price for reliable and comfortable stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank pniffer

Thank you for your kind review, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 29, 2014

I used to work at holiday inn express in texas, and have friends that works for intercontinental so we get our family/friends rate, so we drove up socal for a mini roadtrip.
Went to disneyland, coz we have annual pass, and went to Univ coz we have annual pass...
I booked a 2 nite stay here, because we went to Univ. Studios , which is about 3 miles away I think...cant remember exactly since I am gps dependent everyday.
Anyways, this place...I likey like...
It's out of the way, really, so if you want to walk to Univ Studios, there would be other hotels that's walking distance hotels...however, those onces, which I have stayed walking distance hotels are 350/nite plus 35-40/ nite for parking, and no breakfast.
I was not interested in spending alot since I was on the roll of budget vacation this time.
I liked this one because we drove anyway...
This hotel is brand NEW. parking was $7bucks and AYCE daily
Free Breakfast is nice, coffee, muffins, make your own pancake, juices...and other variety.
I think parking is secure, because it's located on the back side, and basement of hotel structure.
Lemme tell you that everything is new and smells so good. the beds, sheets...everything is brand new. I loved it so much.
The bathroom toiletries is bath and body works...and smells good.
They dont have a hot tub, but they have a pool.
Overall, I would come back definitely.
Try this hotel, you'd be happy. I know I was when I stayed.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Ria2011
Hotel-ManagementCA, Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Hollywood - Burbank Area, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Thank you for noticing the value in our hotel. The lower cost covered parking, upgraded amenities, and expanded breakfast. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay, and are glad you are coming back. We do have the subway that is walking distance to our hotel, and does take you near the Universal Studios entrance. Have a wonderful day!!!

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Had 1 quick night here after a taping at Warner Brothers, as we knew it would be a late finish.

Conviently located from Warner Brothers with underground parking - featuring wonderful movie posters over each parking bay - we found this a lovely touch.

The room was very comfortable (room 409) - albeit a strange oversized bedside cabinet/table on one side, which I knocked my knee on several times before deciding to move it!

The shower was good, AC quite quiet and love the HIE soft/firm pillows to mix and match.

Breakfast service and choice was excellent - as well as friendly front desk team.

Hotel has free WiFi and rooms also include mini refridgerator and microwave if required.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lindsay-and-Neil
Hotel-ManagementCA, Owner at Holiday Inn Express North Hollywood - Burbank Area, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Thank you for your comments, we hope to see you soon again!

Reviewed May 29, 2014

I was impressed with the service at this new Holiday Inn Express on many levels. The Front Desk Manager was available and friendly to meet all of our needs. The venue was clean and inviting. The seating was comfortable and the rooms were spacious and clean.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank dalessiopietro

Thank you for your kind comments. Our front desk manager will be very pleased We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 26, 2014

My family and I stayed here for memorial weekend. We were in California for a mini vacay, went to Universal Studios, Hollywood walk of fame, and Olvera Street. I was unsure about the location being that it was my first time in Burbank. I must say the location was GREAT! It was 3 miles from Universal, 5 miles to Hollywood walk of fame, and about 10 miles to Olvera Street. This location is very close to lots of tourist attractions this is exactly what I wanted.

When I first got to the hotel I was a late check in and the lady in the front was very helpful. I asked her where the room I was in was located and she was not to sure but she said if I was not happy with the location of my room she would get me another room.

When I got into my room, it was great! It was super clean the location was great too! I asked to be away from the elevator and that is exactly what I got. I was on the second floor facing south. I loved the fact that I was on the same floor as the fitness center and pool too. The beds are very comfy I slept like a baby. The shower was awesome, lots of hot water, very roomy, and very clean.

The hotel is very nice and clean. The staff was very helpful and they were all very friendly. The hotel has a hot breakfast it has eggs, bacon or sausage, biscuits and gravy, pancakes, lots of fruits, cereal, bagels, muffins, cinnamon rolls, juices, coffee, oatmeal. There was a young lady by the name of Esmira who was hosting the breakfast area. Esmira was very friendly and made sure we had everything we needed. She was on top of everything, keeping the breakfast bar stocked and cleaned.

The gym opens at 7:00am I'm usually up by 5:00am and like to hit the gym. I called the front and asked if I could get in the gym earlier. The gentleman was very helpful and sent the security guard up to open the gym for me. The security guard was very friendly and helpful too.

I give this hotel 10 stars!! I would recommend this hotel to anyone and I did! My co-worker will be going in July. I will be returning in September!

Great location, great stay, great value!!

Thank you to the staff and the security guard for making my mini vacay one to remember. :-)

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank AZLovePHX
Hotel-ManagementCA, Owner at Holiday Inn Express North Hollywood - Burbank Area, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Thank you for your review of our hotel! We are so happy that you even mentioned our security team, they try to be extra friendly and accommodating, and the fact you recognized them will make them so happy. Thank you for recommending us to your coworker, and also we are so happy you coming back! Have a wonderful day, and you made our staff's day! We work hard to please all our guests!!!! Have a wonderful wonderful day!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
Best Western Burbank Airport Inn
#88 of 355 in Los Angeles
Holiday Inn Burbank
#12 of 20 in Burbank

Been to Holiday Inn Express North Hollywood - Burbank Area? Share your experiences!