“All around top notch service and quality at a decent value”

Holiday Inn Express North Hollywood - Burbank Area
Ranked #50 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Murray, Utah
“All around top notch service and quality at a decent value”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I was impressed with the service at this new Holiday Inn Express on many levels. The Front Desk Manager was available and friendly to meet all of our needs. The venue was clean and inviting. The seating was comfortable and the rooms were spacious and clean.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank dalessiopietro
Hotel-ManagementCA, Owner at Holiday Inn Express North Hollywood - Burbank Area, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Thank you for your kind comments. Our front desk manager will be very pleased We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed May 26, 2014

My family and I stayed here for memorial weekend. We were in California for a mini vacay, went to Universal Studios, Hollywood walk of fame, and Olvera Street. I was unsure about the location being that it was my first time in Burbank. I must say the location was GREAT! It was 3 miles from Universal, 5 miles to Hollywood walk of fame, and about 10 miles to Olvera Street. This location is very close to lots of tourist attractions this is exactly what I wanted.

When I first got to the hotel I was a late check in and the lady in the front was very helpful. I asked her where the room I was in was located and she was not to sure but she said if I was not happy with the location of my room she would get me another room.

When I got into my room, it was great! It was super clean the location was great too! I asked to be away from the elevator and that is exactly what I got. I was on the second floor facing south. I loved the fact that I was on the same floor as the fitness center and pool too. The beds are very comfy I slept like a baby. The shower was awesome, lots of hot water, very roomy, and very clean.

The hotel is very nice and clean. The staff was very helpful and they were all very friendly. The hotel has a hot breakfast it has eggs, bacon or sausage, biscuits and gravy, pancakes, lots of fruits, cereal, bagels, muffins, cinnamon rolls, juices, coffee, oatmeal. There was a young lady by the name of Esmira who was hosting the breakfast area. Esmira was very friendly and made sure we had everything we needed. She was on top of everything, keeping the breakfast bar stocked and cleaned.

The gym opens at 7:00am I'm usually up by 5:00am and like to hit the gym. I called the front and asked if I could get in the gym earlier. The gentleman was very helpful and sent the security guard up to open the gym for me. The security guard was very friendly and helpful too.

I give this hotel 10 stars!! I would recommend this hotel to anyone and I did! My co-worker will be going in July. I will be returning in September!

Great location, great stay, great value!!

Thank you to the staff and the security guard for making my mini vacay one to remember. :-)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank AZLovePHX
Hotel-ManagementCA, Owner at Holiday Inn Express North Hollywood - Burbank Area, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Thank you for your review of our hotel! We are so happy that you even mentioned our security team, they try to be extra friendly and accommodating, and the fact you recognized them will make them so happy. Thank you for recommending us to your coworker, and also we are so happy you coming back! Have a wonderful day, and you made our staff's day! We work hard to please all our guests!!!! Have a wonderful wonderful day!
Washington DC
Reviewed May 15, 2014

It is great to stay at a remodeled hotel, but it is rare that you get to stay at a brand new building (only opened a couple of months) - and one that is comfortable. All of my travels to Los Angeles and that area has always been to the coastal area (Palos Verdes, Torrance, Long Beach, etc.) so I had apprehensions to stay in the valley. But this property is very close to Burbank airport, Universal Studios and the freeway to Hollywood. It only took me about 10 minutes to get to the walk of stars from out my hotel room door to the parking garage. The location is convenient to both the valley and downtown.

The lobby is modern and cool. The wall of changing colors is refreshing and enjoyable. The breakfast area is small and the selection is small, but it is enough to start the day with fresh fruit and freshly made pancakes. Yes, I said "freshly made" pancakes. It has an automatic pancake maker that takes about 2 minutes to make 2 pancakes. Unfortunately, there was a line to get some. Tables were just big enough not to take up too much space and seating was comfortable.

The room is well designed and the bathroom is a nice size with plenty of counter space. The desk area rolls out so you are not confined to the usual ergonomic chair. You can pull the whole thing to your bad or easy chair. I wish I had a camera to show the room, but is modern and spacious. Just wish there was a little more closet space to hide the suitcase, but it is a hotel and we live out of those things when we travel.

The pool and gym are on the same level and next to the elevator, but you would not know the gym was there because all you notice from the elevator is a mirror. I thought it was a nice touch to hide the exercise room, but not have it feel confined. The pool area and chairs are nicely decorated and inviting. I wish I had stayed another day or two and used it. LA was so warm that week, it would have been nice. Maybe next time.

Room Tip: All rooms face the road (some commercial and mostly residential properties) or the back where you ge...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Hotel-ManagementCA, Owner at Holiday Inn Express North Hollywood - Burbank Area, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
We are thrilled you enjoyed our hotel. We do have a one way mirror on exercise room, to give some privacy to the guests who are using the equipment. If you look closely you can see the exercise room from the elevator lobby, but it is screened. We thank you for your stay.
Plainview, New York
Reviewed May 14, 2014

My wife and I spent 4 very pleasant nights at the Holiday Inn Express-North Hollywood (May 8th-12th). We were very happy with our stay here. The hotel is a very attractive place -exactly as pictured online. The people who work at this location were very pleasant-especially the breakfast area employees. The room we had was very nicely appointed. The breakfast choices
were numerous and tasty. We will definitely stay here on our next visit to the area.

Room Tip: Fourth floor in the back. It also has a great view of the mountains.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind comments. Our breakfast attendant will be very pleased. She prides herself on the service she provides. Our entire staff takes great enjoyment with guest satisfaction. When you are happy, we are happy. See you again soon.
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed May 13, 2014

The hotel was nice and clean. The location was convenient to seeing the sites of Hollywood. Breakfast was better than the normal continental standard at other hotels - the cinnamon rolls were actually good. :) The best thing, and the reason for this review, was the shower. My husband is 6'6" and tends to have a hard time with hotel showers. This may have been one of the tallest hotels showers I have ever seen and he was able to stand under it comfortably. Most shower heads are at his chest level, this one was above his head. We will go back when we are in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JackiePies
We are so glad you enjoyed the showers! Our bathroom has massaging showerheads, with a unique tub surround. We want every guest to start their morning right. All part of our commitment to guest satisfaction. We hope to see you soon, thank you.
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

We found this hotel through an online hotel search engine and bought a package deal with plane tix, hotel, and car rental (good deal!). This hotel is only 4 months old and we were greeted with smiles from every staff member, from the front desk to the security guard. It is obvious that they take great pride in guest service and maintaining a clean and bright atmosphere. The breakfast is varied, generous and delicious. They really went above and beyond--what the "hospitality industry" is supposed to be. This is a non-smoking hotel, and I am allergic to cigarette smoke, so when we reported to smell smoke on our floor, they immediately brought fans up to clear out the smell and figured out who was violating the no-smoking policy, dealing with the problem to stop it. They do charge $7/day to park your car, but the parking is enclosed and appeared quite safe, and when my son and his fiancee met us at the hotel for the day's activities, they let us switch out the parking pass, so my son could leave his car there. These are just 2 examples of the excellent experience we have had. We stayed 6 nights and will come back again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
When you come and stay at our hotel, your satisfaction is our primary concern. We are happy we were able to meet your expectations. Thank you for spending 6 days with us. We pride ourselves on giving quality and value to our guests. Some extras we have for the guests include our Samsung HDTV large screen, in room safes, coffee and tea. Your comments made us all happy and we will look forward to seeing you again.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed May 11, 2014

This is a very clean hotel, the bed was amazing, best sleep we have had ever in a hotel bed. Also very quiet.
Staff were friendly and helpful.
Breakfast was included and of good quality. The only down side it was all plastic cutlery, plates etc.
less than a 5 minute walk to the metro train line which makes it so easy to see Hollywood sights,
Universal Studio etc.
I would defiantly stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind comments. We are happy you enjoyed your stay. Our hotel was build to filter out the noise, our windows are even designed to keep room quiet. Have a wonderful day.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
Universal City Area
BLVD Hotel & Spa
BLVD Hotel & Spa
#90 of 351 in Los Angeles

Been to Holiday Inn Express North Hollywood - Burbank Area? Share your experiences!