“Great hotel dining experience”
Review of Park Grill - CLOSED

Park Grill
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Century City
Cross street: Pico Blvd
Description: One of the greatest assets of our timeless Century City hotel is surely the signature restaurant, Park Grill, under direction of Executive Chef Jonathan Wood. Chef Jonathan believes strongly in using the freshest organic ingredients possible. The menu offers Californian cuisine with global influences. One of the most romantic restaurants in Los Angeles, this gourmet establishment offers innovative cuisine in a sophisticated environment. Park Grill is pleased to announce the launch of our new menu collection for Los Angeles fine dining, focusing on a global fusion fare.
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I know most do not like dining where they sleep, but when you are arriving at your hotel after a long flight, the convenience is very nice. Add to the convenience a menu that is very creative and diverse and you have the makings for a nice experience. The staff from the maitr'd to servers went out of there way to be friendly, upbeat and courteous. They were very helpful with menu and wine choices. The Build a Meal feature was a great idea. A very enjoyable dinner and the breakfast buffet was very good also.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Limited menu, overpriced. No host to seat us, no one to take our order - and we had reservations. Ended up leaving without dinner!

Reviewed May 1, 2012

We stayed at the Intercontinental and on our last night we chose to eat in the hotel rather than go out.
I was disappointed by the atmosphere when we entered. The room looks like a typical hotel ball room. Large ceilings, busy carpet and typical hotel ballroom tables. There is not art and the room is beige and brown. There was nothing special about the space.
When we picked up our menus my daughter and I both didn't get it. I have no idea what type of food to call the Park Grill. It seemed to just pick a bit of everything a lot of nothing. They had dim sum, sushi, hamburgers and whatever else they seemed to like. It had no theme or focus.
I got the Thai noodles. They were really bad. Luke warm and rubbery. I then got the Dim Sum and what I got were four pieces of dim sum on a four tiny plates. The dim sum tasted like it had been frozen and thawed out in a microwave. Very unappetizing.
Both plates were SO small that I still felt hungry so I ordered dessert to fill me up. I ordered the strawberry cake and what came was a tiny, tiny piece of cake on a spoon. I thought it was a joke it was so small.
The service was good. Although we had one poor waiter who had to work the entire room and even play host to seat guests. He was very good, but he had to run like crazy to keep up. It was grossly under staffed.
If I stay here again, I will not have dinner at the hotel. There are too many good place nearby!

Reviewed January 7, 2012

Dined in this restaurant on first night of stay, firstly must say, that the Hostess on duty, on door at this restaurant, is probably one of the best members of staff I encountered in my 5 night stay.
The Food was very good, the service, was not to the standard of the food, but was OK and all round was a very pleasant evening, restaurant is worth a visit

Reviewed September 4, 2008

following a difficult visit to LA to attend to the death of a dear friend, i opted to "dine in" at the Park Grill with another close friend while staying at the Intercontinental Los Angeles. the phrase "dine in" strikes dread in the minds of many serious travelers who have had too many dull hotel meals, but i'd done it here on a previous trip, and was amazed. Park Grill is a wonderful and rare exception for dining-in. there are routine offerings on the menu to please any taste, but preparations are exceptional even when simply grilling beef or sauteing scallops. where Chef Vincent excels is in his special menu items, which are lake taking a thrill ride to culinary heights. with melon being a central ingredient on the evening i visited, we ordered all three courses on this menu, and each was dazzling in its own way. the first course was composed of 3 wonderfully fresh chopped seafood selections in the bottom of three cordial glasses, topped with a cool melon soup from exotic melons selected to complement the distinctive taste of each seafood, and each topped with foam from the same melon. difficult to describe, but artful and fun in execution and taste. next came three gorgeous U10 scallops ringed in a veil of paper thin pancetta, grilled to perfection, and served in a deep plate surrounded by a crisply acidic flavored liquid in which also sat cubes of the previously mentioned exotic melons. beautiful to behold, and astoundingly delicious. dessert i will withhold an accurate description of, as i would not want to spoil the surprise for you. suffice to say that we were both giggling like schoolkids with delight at the amazing ice cream creation served, which again posed perfect balance to the rest of the meal. service here has been excellent during each of my visits... charming, vigilant and efficient. i remain amazed as to why this place isn't more crowded. it is a gem in west los angeles, and a true dining destination i will revisit with anticipation.

1  Thank RobertInExile