“A local Landmark”

Neighborhood: Westside
Los Angeles, California
“A local Landmark”
Reviewed November 18, 2011

Ive been coming here since my college days a long long time ago. Although the Chinese Chicken Salad is their signature dish, you can't forget the Sesame Chicken which has been around just as long as the salad. When they are fresh I can't think of better fried chicken anywhere else (can you guys make larger pieces besides wings and small drums please!?). The new secret of this place is the Spicy Red Curry Shrimp Bowl...its cajun...and asian...awesome. Better than Killer Shrimp. There I said it.

• Visited September 2011

San Francisco, California
“Best chicken salad and sesame chicken ever!"”
Reviewed August 6, 2010

Whenever I visit LA, I have to eat the Chinese chicken salad and sesame chicken at Feast From the East. I like the homey feel of the restaurant and everyone, including the customers are really nice. I'm never disappointed. It's very consistent.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Great Chinese Chicken Salad -- have been eating here for at least 20 years.”
Reviewed March 25, 2009

Great Chinese Chicken Salad -- have been eating here for at least 20 years.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Houston, TX
“Regrettably bland food - where's the spice?”
Reviewed February 26, 2009

After checking into the hotel, I had to scrounge for some dinner since my body was telling that dinnertime was 2 hours ago. Settled on this place since it was an allegedly easy trip down Santa Monica Boulevard and a quick left on Westwood Avenue.

"Allegedly" because, if there's anything I've learned in my first afternoon here, is that LA freeways are a mess. Major streets are a mess. Cutting through neighborhoods is a messy game of dodging double-parked cars. So, I wanted someplace easy to get to.

Westwood Avenue is an upscale commercial street near UCLA. The Feast looks a lot like Pei Wei in decor and menu options. That can be good or bad, depending on how you feel about Pei Wei.

I had the Spicy Thai Green Beans with chicken ($7.95). Pros: I hope you love green beans - because they used what seemed like 2 pounds of it in my dish. Plenty of onions and chicken, too. Cons: It did not live up to its "spicy" label and that's what I was counting on in ordering this.

I looked for some hot chili oil or even soy sauce to jazz my dish up but they were as scarce as hen's teeth. The staff were suddenly ghosts and disappeared to the far corners of the place. And, after a hard day of getting into town, I just didn't have the energy to chase after them on the service front in additon to paying them for the meal.

Call it a collision of my crankiness, their sluggishness, and their lackluster hand at spices that gets them the 2-star rating. To use a Stephen Colbert device: "Wag of the finger, Feast!"

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Best Chinese chicken salad ever. Can now buy the dressing at Costco. Everything else is not worth it.”
Reviewed July 30, 2008