“Sit at the bar!”

Neighborhood: Central L.A
Cross street: One Block East of La Cienega on Beverly
Transit: Beverly /La Cienega
Reviewed January 10, 2012

Wonderful food experience! Sat at the bar and watched what people were ordering. The chef was kind enough to explain and make the ones I wanted. Excellent food! A much better experience that Nobu LA (was there the previous night).
A must try if in LA!

Reviewed January 3, 2012

My son and I went to Cafe Sushi for lunch during Christmas week. We got some takeout - just standard stuff. Sushi was very good and reasonably priced. Service was also excellent - took our order patiently and worked hard to get us out the door quickly. If you just want good basic rolls, I would definitely recommend.

Reviewed August 26, 2011

I'm not a big Sushi person... but we go back especially for the spicy tuna rice cakes. For 13 bucks you get 6 large pieces.

We sit at the Sushi bar and the chefs are cool and fun. Very cool place for a casual sushi place.

Reviewed August 22, 2011

Cafe Sushi serves one of the best ramen I've ever tasted! The pork literally melts in your mouth. I also tried the soft shell crab roll, which was a delight. The crab was 'meaty', unlike others I've tried which is more shell than meat.

Reviewed April 10, 2009

This small authentic sushi cafe has comfortable booth style tables with 'retro' decoration that you either think looks cool or tatty.

There is a huge choice of food on the menu. The fish quality was only average, though perfectly edible. For example, the salmon was pretty fatty. The rolls were nice to eat, but fell apart and didn't look to be the best made ones I had ever seen. Did enjoy the meal though.