“I want more Butter Chicken now”
Review of Taste of India #2

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Taste of India #2
Ranked #2,575 of 10,239 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Taste of India is generally fantastic. My specific love of the restaurant can be attributed to their delicious Butter Chicken and the Garlic Naan. Just as expected, they make the spice to your liking. I was on a date with a gentleman who ordered his Rogan Josh extra spicy. The tears on his face told me that they gave him exactly what he asked for. The smile told me that he was enjoying it. I had my Butter Chicken without spice because I'm a wuss. We washed it all down with a couple glasses of Indian beer and were very happy campers. The only downside is that every once in a while they would bring sizzling plates by. My hair smelled like Indian food for the rest of the night. Not ideal. Get a seat towards the front of the house and away from the kitchen to avoid that.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

The first time we found Taste of India, most of us had no real idea of what to order due to simple inexperience with the cuisine. One of the staff talked us into ordering what she said would be more like a family style meal so that we could all taste multiple dishes (which we were planning to do anyway) At the time, I was a little leary of it, but we took her advise and were delighted with the results! Since that time, I've tried several Indian restaurants at home- all were passable, but none were nearly as good. This year, when we were back in L.A. we made a point of going again. Despite being pretty late, they came thru with great food, nice attitude, and it made for a memorable time! I plan to visit every time we get back to the west coast!