“Didn't Live Up To Chain Reputation”
Review of Marie Callender's

Marie Callender's
Ranked #1,350 of 10,239 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: South San Fernando Valley
Reviewed December 31, 2013

This is a restaurant chain that usually delivers a high-quality product. However, experience has shown that the quality of this product varies by location. This was such an experience. I had the turkey and dressing on Christmas Eve. I understand that all of this restaurant's attention was on the hundreds of pies waiting to be delivered or picked up, but that doesn't excuse the fact that the food quality and service was low. I paid a lot of money for turkey and dressing that was cold and covered in gravy, which I asked to be put on the side. I saw a wait staff person twice, and not once did they come by to see how things were. Had they, I would have sent my meal back. I am very disappointed in this location. I usually really enjoy this chain.

Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

This place was certainly a nice surprise. Goo food, fast and friendly wait staff, and overall good value, considering the location (technically Beverly Hills). The appetizer sampler was fantastic. Salads were fresh, and burgers were very good. Nice family place where you can bring kids, and not have to worry about the typical snobby Beverly Hills crowd looking at you while you're eating.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

We had the special, pasta, salad and choice of pie, and it was delicious! The atmosphere was pleasing and was great for lunch. I would go back there :)

Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stopped here for some lunch before going to La Brea Tar Pits. It has a nice atmosphere, with pretty (a little too loud) music. I don't remember the name of my sandwich but it was a version of the turkey club that every restaurant has, except on a croissant. It was DELICIOUS! My husband got a tri-tip French dip sandwich he also loved. We both got the house drink, which was a pink lemonade (alcohol), it didn't taste even close to good enough for it's price. The waitress was a snob, simple as that. So all in all, food's good, service not so good.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

We ate dinner here our first night in LA after short visit to the La Brea Tar Pits just next door. Althought the address is on Wilshire the front door is at the back. If you are there during happy hour ask for a seat in the bar area to get the discount ($2 a beer). The food was good and there was plenty of it. I had a 1/2 rosemary chicken with mash potatoes and grilled veggies. My wife had a smoked tri tip steak which was tender and tasty. We were too full for desert.