“Diamond in the rough ...”

Pomodoro Trattoria - Pizzeria
Ranked #509 of 9,953 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Neighborhood: Westside
Florida
“Diamond in the rough ...”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Cozy corner neighborhood restaurant, offers the locals a place to eat wonderful tasting Italian food. Tonight, we had the grilled vegetables as an appetizer, and two gnocchi meals, which were delicious. Great menu to choose from, including several different pizzas. This restaurant is the real deal, so give it a try. Point to remember ... parking can be a challenge. Street parking is available, if you can find an empty space. I'm not recommending this, but Ross retail store has underground free parking w/validation (1hr.) (2 hrs. w/purchase), ... I'm just saying .. you know what I mean? Hope this is helpful.

Visited October 2013

Los Angeles, California
“Authentic Neighborhood Italian”
Reviewed October 13, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Pomodoro is a great neighborhood Italian restaurant. It's very affordable and tasty. The pizzas are fired in a pizza oven and their gnocchi and risotto are well cooked. They are great for take-out as well. Parking can be troublesome around this area, so be prepared to drive around to find street parking.

Visited October 2013
Austin, Texas
“Best Italian on the Westside”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Rarely do I find a 5 star Italian restaurant. Especially BEING Italian, I am biased. I have passed this place countless times, but I always had bad timing and they were closed. We were headed up to City Target in Westwood and decided to finally give it a try. WOW! It was packed for a Tuesday night at 8pm but they got us a table right away and the manager was SO NICE. The whole staff was so nice. I actually pulled up my Yelp App and was going through the photos and I found something that looked soooooo good I showed it to him and he pointed it out on the menu (the photo wasn't labeled) and it was GREAT! Everything we had was very good including the ciabatta bread on the table. Great prices as well. The staff and food made it a 5 star experience and now my #1 place for Italian!!!

Visited August 2013
Clayton, NC
“Great Food”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I was in LA for work and was looking for a local spot for lunch and stumbled across Pomodoro. The previous reviews were spot on. Great food and excellent service.

It doesn't look like much from outside but, is actually quite nicely done. It gave me the feel of the places in Little Italy.

Our meal started with a fairly standard cesar salad and some killer bread with oil and balsamic vinegar! I had Penne con turkey sausage: Pasta with spicy tomato sauce, mushrooms, garlic and grilled turkey sausage. It was very nice, The tomato sauce was quite spicy and flavorful. The turkey sausage was excellent.

Service was friendly and helpful. I'll definitely be back the next time I'm in the area.

• Visited February 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Awesome food. Cozy neighborhood restaurant.”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I love this place. The food is excellent and the prices very reasonable, I don't think I've ever had a disappointing meal here. Warm bread. Gnocchi is the best of anywhere. Cute decor...perhaps a bit crowded. Staff is really nice.

• Visited December 2012