“Best in LA”
Review of Cafe Sierra

Cafe Sierra
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Sierra is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #565 of 10,410 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Universal City Area
Description: Famous for its unique Seafood, Lobster and Prime Rib Buffet in L.A. Cafe Sierra is located high atop the Hollywood Hills inside the gleaming tower of Hilton Universal City.
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Best buffet in Los Angeles. Been there 20 times and always excellent. Selerction is mind boggling and quality is over the top.

HiltonUniversal, Manager at Cafe Sierra, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Dear River620,

Thank you for your comments and being such a loyal customer over the years.
We hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed May 18, 2012

Kids love it. Lots of variety and could pick their own food and put it on a tray.

Dear TelmaWomak,

Thank you for your review and feedback. We are so pleased to hear that your children enjoyed their Cafe Sierra experience. We hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed May 5, 2012

The buffet was beyond belief, my list would be very short if I put what it didn't have - but let me tell you a few things it did have, Lobster Thermidor, King Crab, Snow Crab, Dungeness Crab, Lamb, Prime rib, Sushi, Sashimi, Miso Soup, and miles and miles more of awesome food. The staff was over the top - the manager actually sat with us for 15 minutes and shared stores - Again my favorite place to eat - period!

Dear KonaLance,

Thank you for your review and feedback. It is always such a joy to read a review from such an enthusiastic customer, such as yourself. If you would like to share what is on that short list of items we missed or that you would like to see next time, please let us know.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit to Cafe Sierra for our weekend Seafood & Prime Rib dinner buffet and we hope to see you again very soon.

cafesierra@hiltonuniversal.com

Reviewed April 29, 2012

I have never seen such an incredible brunch buffet! Cost was around $40 - but well worth it.

They had everything - King Crab Legs, Russian Crab Legs, Mussels/Oysters (One of the two, not sure I don't eat them), Shrimp, Sushi, Sushi Station, Delicious Crepes filled with fresh berries, Taco Station (not that great-guy at that station isn't pleasant or helpful either), Carved Meat (I don't eat), Eggs Benedict, and numerous delicious side dishes, salads, fresh fruit, desserts (couldn't eat any-stuffed), etc. There was alot of food, and many unique items. There were so many things to try and delicious items, just wish I could have fit more in.

I loved that they provide handwipes at your table - they were much needed and appreciated.

The service was outstanding, our waiter was very attentive and there with anything we needed, juice, champagne (included), coffee, more handwipes, etc.. All the staff was great.

Immediately afterwards I was overstuffed, sorry I ate so much, and regretting that I went - but funny thing I would absolutely go again in a heartbeat! I would probably travel to the area just to go there again.

The good part is they are right next to Universal Studios (they provide free shuttle bus service there). So we were able to waddle off part of what we ate at the outside Boardwalk.

1  Thank NorthshoreILFoodie
Reviewed April 28, 2012

This restaurant is located inside the hilton universal, next to the universal studios. Great food, though can be a bit pricey for dinner. Staff very friendly and attentive.