“A bit of Paris in Beverly Hills”
Review of Monsieur Marcel's

Monsieur Marcel's
Ranked #53 of 10,690 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central L.A
Reviewed February 16, 2013

This review is for the Beverly Hills location...

After reading some of the negative reviews I was a bit scared to try this place out, especially for my birthday, but my entire party of 4 have no regrets. Everything was fantastic!

The Ambiance: Beautiful, clean, new. I love how I feel (for a second) that I'm sitting at a bistro in Paris. Which is obviously where I'd rather be.

The Service: Amazing! Our waitress was super friendly and enthusiastic. I wish I remember her name! Sounds odd to say this but she may have been the best server I've ever had.

The Food:

*Bread Basket: Good selection and fresh. Not the best bread I've ever had but the salted butter? Fantastic.

*Beet Salad: Hands down the best beets I've ever had ... and I LOVE beets. I definitely can't wait to have this again.

*Smoked Salmon Crostini: Divine. Fresh and light. Just perfect.

*Scallops: This might have been the highlight of the meal. These were cooked perfectly and had just the right amount of salt.

*Bresola: I don't eat meat so I didn't get to try this but it was finished by my friends in a flash. The figs looked amazing.

*Hamburger: Again, I don't eat meat but my friends enjoyed this. I think they mentioned it was a bit rare but still good.

*Goat Cheese Salad (this might not be the official name): I'm not a huge fan of goat cheese but this was good. The honey drizzled on top really made the dish.

The Bottom Line: I love this place. It's way better than the Farmer's Market location and I will be back.

(Just a suggestion if management is reading this...your online menu could use some intervention. It's a bit small and hard to read.)

1  Thank ameenadin

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I had been waiting for months to see what would fill this huge empty spot on Canon Drive in Beverly Hills right across from one of my favorite eateries in Bev Hills..and finally the Monsieur marcel's new location arrived...It seemed to be packed from the minute it opened...Beautiful open space, great gourmet foods both to eat in and take out and gourmet grocery in the back of the store....I got a few things to take out and the food is super...loved the side salads I got including periand cucumber salad and a red quinoa salad with tofu ...they have sandwiches, salads, entrees...gorgeous looking desserts...I look forward to a dining in experience...Everyone seems friendly and helpful who work there....they have another location at the Farmers Market on fairfax and 3rd bu this concept if more modern and high end in design...it was great...i plan to go back

1  Thank susannaa2000
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Thumbs up for this brilliant lunch spot. What a wonderful surprise! Fresh, excellent technique and brilliant flavours.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Suggested by my niece for lunch, this new place is a well-lit, open, family friendly place on Canon Drive in BH. It is a restaurant and gourmet market, specializing in cheese, wine, breads, and deli items that you might pick up if you were going on a picnic. Only open two weeks, MM has some kinks that need to be worked out as far as coordination between the waitstaff and the kitchen as expected with a new place. Our server, Arielle, was sweet and charming, but was responsible for too many tables. My omelet Americaine, with cheddar, asparagus, mushrooms, and avocado , accompanied by fried potatoes, was quite good. The caprese sandwiches had good mozzarella, but the tomatoes at this time of the year are just not good, and I would question whether the caprese should even be on the menu at this time of the year. The Greek salad had lots of nice veggies and feta, and was very colorful. The Moroccan salad consisting of couscous, was presented as a dome-like structure that looked strange but was judged tasty. A croquet Monsieur sandwich consisting of a moist soft roll and thinly sliced ham and piquant cheese was enjoyed by my niece's boyfriend. I walked through the market area and saw a lot of nice French and domestic wines, yummy cheese, jams and salsas, and while not at the level of a Dean and Deluca's, was still very impressive. At $15 per person, including an 18% included gratuity, seemed reasonable, considering we were in BH.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

As you walk around the Farmer's Market, you are overwhelmed with the variety of food stalls, all of which smelled great and then you find Monsieur Marcel, with actual tables and waiter service. It's a nice French bistro with excellent food. I highly recommend the private label wines that they offer with your dinner. The service was very attentive and the value was great. You'll really enjoy this so long as you remember that you're in the middle of the Farmer's Market and not in a standalone restaurant. Chairs are a little rickety and the table isn't exactly level. You'll get the occassional person who is strolling through the market and walking through the "restaurant" portion. But when you get the bill, you'll realize that you had a great meal at a very reasonable price.