“Fresh and succulent shrimps” 5 of 5 bubbles

Jino's Pars
Ranked #198 of 9,846 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Lostwithiel, United Kingdom
“Fresh and succulent shrimps”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

This experience was so good it made up for the disappointments were encountered since leaving the plane - long queues for immigration, long queues for customs and an unacceptably long wait for the Hotel Shuttle.

Max the manager can only be described as 'outward going', was brilliant and funny creating an evening we won't forget for a while - and the food was excellent. Cuisine is advertised as Italian and Persian, but there's some Greek on the Persian menu and American on the Italian!!

My BLT burger was one of the best I have tasted with good serving of nice chips, salad and all the trimmings. My wife ordered shrimps with pesto and garlic - shrimps weren't the size we expect in the UK, more like lobster, and they were so succulent and fresh.

We didn't tell anyone it was our wedding anniversary, so we can only rate 'romance and special occasion' subjectively but the whole atmosphere was special, and Max even presented us with a tub of Persian Spices to take away.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Toops_and_Bob

Calgary
“Very Mediocre”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

Given the mostly very positive and even rave reviews for this restaurant, one can only assume that my experience was the exception rather than the rule. Nonetheless, I was very disappointed. I was staying at the Holiday Inn Express adjacent to the restaurant and since there is no restaurant at the hotel, Jino Pars was convenient and offered the take-out that I was looking for. I ordered the salmon with rice and soup. The entire meal was completely dry and tasteless--the salmon was bland and overcooked, the rice was completely ordinary and the soup was inedible. I ended up tossing most of the meal. An unfortunate disappointment.

• Visited November 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
“What a great meal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

I was looking for a place to eat while staying at the Holiday Inn Express at LAX. It's only around the corner from the hotel. This place is amazing! One side of the menu is Italian. The other side is Persian. The hummus, chicken and lamb koobideh is to die for! You gotta try this place. I'll be back the next time I'm in town.

1 Thank kmakrush
Annapolis, Maryland
“Awesome food, amazing service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

My husband and I stopped in for a couple of sandwiches and were blown away by the food and the service. We both ordered sandwiches (turkey and chicken) and split the sides that came with the order--yummy fries and a very tasty Caesar salad. I can't say enough about the food! The sandwiches were huge and the bread was crusty on the outside and fresh and soft inside. I didn't think I could eat the whole thing but once I started I could not stop. Sean was an incredible waiter and the owner (I think) came by to confirm that all was good. The interior space is beautiful and well maintained. Don't miss out on this gem of a place! You will not be disappointed!

• Visited October 2013
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Happy Hour meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

I stopped in here after a long day of work for a couple glasses of wine and the meatball appetizer. The staff was so nice and let me take up a booth to relax and unwind. I would dine here again as there was so much on the menu I wish I could have tried.

Visited October 2013