“Pretty good and cheap” 4 of 5 bubbles

Neighborhood: Hollywood
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Pretty good and cheap”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Just finished dinner here. Good pad Thai and pad se ew. Small, fairly plain interior but solid meal for very reasonable price.

• Thai first
Brisbane, Australia
“Uninspiring store front hides culinary treasure!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

Walking down Sunset Bld, we looked for somewhere to have lunch. I consulted the TA Los Angeles APP and we were directed to this very ordinary looking place. I was surprised to note it was so highly rated, but as I love Thai food I decided to try it out anyway.
Well, the food was superb... fresh and tasty with a complete range of those flavours that characterise Thai cuisine. The service was super fast as well.
I don't suppose this is a place for a romantic dinner or a special celebration, but if you're after genuine Thai food, then this is surely the best place outside of Thailand!

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“One of the best thai restaurants in LA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

While I was on business in LA, I've been to this small, humble restaurant 4 times. This shows how much I love their food here. I've been eating Thai since I was a kid so I'm no stranger to good Thai food. This was nothing fancy but it does have savory, authentic flavor from Thailand. I was very impressed how fast they get the plates to tables with restaurant full and take-out orders but they do. Also, the portion is generous for the price you're paying.
The lunch menu is what really most economic, even for duck as a choice, even for under $9. Amazing. You have a choice of chicken, beef, pork or duck and a choice of style (spicy thai basil, garlic pepper, spicy green bean). I had duck in spicy thai basil and beef in green bean. Simply delicious.
I went back another evening Sizzling Seafood with rice. Wow, generous amount of prawns and mussels, hot and spicy as it comes on the table. Wonderful dish. And another dish Pad See We noodle dish, so flavorful, beef very tender and chinese broccoli, crispy.
I wish I had more time to try their other dishes but I know I'm come back for it next time in town.
As for the service, Lek was very nice, always attentive as other staff, always smiling. Lek was helpful in making suggestions to your taste. Love this place!

• Visited October 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Spicy Thai Food from Thai People”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

I frequent this restaurant, as well as its sister restaurant (Ord Noodles II in Panorama City). They both serve up the same menu of delicious Thai soups and noodle dishes.

I am often the only non-Asian patron at the Panorama City location, and the operators at both locations are all Thai (presumably a good sign when seeking out authentic regional cuisine). Menu items range from $5-$10 per dish, service is casual and quick. They generally do not mess around with spice levels, as even a "mild" spice request can leave some sweat on your brow. So if you bring kids, make sure they can handle the heat! Fortunately, they're pretty good about keeping your water glass filled.

You have the option of choosing from four noodles when you order soup:

- Very thin rice noodle
- Small flat rice noodle
- Wide flat rice noodle
- Ramen style noodle

For a clear broth soup with bright and vibrant flavors and lots of variety, I recommend the #5 soup with #2 noodles. For a sweeter more savory deeply spiced taste, the Roast Duck soup is fantastic. From the rest of the menu, Pad Thai and the Crispy Pork with Holy Basil are also standouts. The Thai iced tea and coffee are sweet, rich, delicious and a welcome respite if you order a dish with maximum spiciness.

The bottom line is, if you like Thai food, you should give this place a try.

• Visited October 2013
Sachse, Texas
“Great Taste!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

My family of four visited Pa Ord in December while on vacation. We tried noodle and dishes. The foods were great. The noodles were spicy and hot. I ordered a rice dish with no pepper. The price was low. We ordered foods to go to eat our hotel. The restaurant was small and we had to wait 30 minutes outside for lunch. Another problem was the small parking lot.

• Visited December 2012