“Good change of pace from usual airport fare” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #376 of 9,846 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Good change of pace from usual airport fare”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

My wife and I ate here during a layover on a Delta itinerary that would take us to San Diego. There were quite a few menu choices with something to please just about everyone, and you could get a healthier meal here than in most places in Terminal 5. I recall the instructions on getting salads as being just a bit confusing, but we survived that and got a decent meal. It is still counter service and cafeteria ambience, so I'm not filling in that last circle on the rating, but Very Good does describe it pretty well.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

• Korean first
Los Angeles, California
“Easy Breezy Yummy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

Easy spot to grab some real food. I order more and take it home. The lemonade is good, but it's really about the comfort food. I love all the veggies!

Visited June 2013
lizardlips48
“Good food but challenging to order”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

Perhaps it was just because I hit the transition from breakfast to lunch at 10 am, but the place was confusing and chaotic. It wasn't just me, it was most people in line. I went in and looked at the food, planning to eat breakfast there and take lunch for the plane. But there were other new customers in front of me, and by the time I got to the food line, breakfast was gone and most of the lunch items weren't there yet, and the breakfast menus were still up. I ended up having macaroni and truffle cheese for breakfast, which I was told was their favorite item. It was very very goopy--overcooked bland macaroni in twice as much sauce as needed. I had a side of chicken sausage that was dried out; I suspect it was the end of breakfast. The coffee was average. I had wanted fruit salad, but they pulled it between the person in front of me and me. : (

The lunch salads that were out by the time I left looked tasty, but I didn't have time to wait.

A better turnover time/method is needed for an airport restaurant. It seemed like they didn't quite know how to pull it off.

• Visited June 2013
New York City, New York
“Favorite airport food anywhere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

I hate to fly, but this creative, tasty spot gives me something to look forward to. Simmers, cookies, unique sandwiches, salads, lots of lemonade. Go!

• Visited June 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Quality amidst airport banality”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

My wife and I were changing planes at LAX on a trip from Atlanta to Kona HI and needed just a quick bite to ease the hunger pangs before another airline meal on the next leg of our trip. The restaurant offerings in the Delta terminals were limited but hen there was Lemonade. Fresh salads, soups, sandwiches and entrée items were all appealingly presented and the servers were knowledgeable and informative when questions were asked. The lentil soup was among the best I've had and my wife enjoyed a salad with chicken breast atop. Seating is a bit limited given the popularity of the restaurant but it is a welcome Oasis in the airport.

• Visited May 2013