“If there was a cloud ten...”
Review of Crossroads

Crossroads
Ranked #64 of 11,892 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed November 18, 2017

Had a celebratory dinner here, 12 guests and no one could stop talking about thei favorite dishes afterwards although every single person was stunned by the creamy delicious ice cream. I don't know what it is made from, the cocktails were too good (I had a Saranac that was like the best Manhattan I've ever tasted) to remember what the server said, but it had some sort of maybe dried cherries and nuts on top with a chocolate sauce and, as an ice cream "expert" I'd still say it was the best I've ever tasted. Everyone said the same. the split pea soup with tiny slivers of carrot was outstanding, the oyster mushrooms were too, the tempeh something was, and so it went. Most delicious, satisfying meal of the year despite a lot of good to excellent meals under my expanding belt.

Reviewed November 10, 2017 via mobile

Crossroads kitchen

“The worst experience ever”
So briefly... Crossroads kitchen is pretty famous vegan restaurant for several reasons. First, it looks like a place where you can dress up and to go on a date. As you know a lot of vegan places are pretty casual. Second, the Chef Tal Ronnen appeared in several famous shows with Oprah Winfrey and Ellen. Not because he is the best vegan chef ever, but because of influence of powerful investor of this business. Third, because this vegan food is really delicious. But unfortunately not really healthy comparing other good vegan places. I’ll explain why. The chef uses kind of French style of cooking which means “More butter is better”. In this case the chef uses a lot of oils and vegan butter. It becomes cancerogenic if you roast with it. Basically you feel over buttery flavor in almost every dish. It’s not organic as well etc. But! If all you care is satisfaction from taste of your dish, you’ll be pleased. Another thing is service. First of all hostesses are NOT the type you want to see (for guys) in front desk. I usually see average looking tired and not really neat and stylish women. I never really had issues with them, but unfortunately my sister and her husband did last time. They picked this place for their first marriage anniversary and the stuff just ruined it for them. They made reservation Friday morning for Tuesday night (not the busiest night ever). Definitely her husband mentioned that they want a good table for romantic experience. He called two more times after to make sure they will have a nice table. So guess what... they didn’t get it when they arrived. After complain they were removed to a separate table, but close to servers or kitchen exit. Very romantic right? The place wasn’t packed so they just set on a different table, a little farther from this annoying exit. This is where the circus started. The hostess Emma didn’t want to hear that they have an anniversary. She said “We have a lot of important people here and they also have their celebrations”. Girl, you don’t tell a couple on their anniversary that they are not important in this restaurant. So basically after several disrespectful phrases my sister and her husband decided to leave and eat in actually better place. The problem of this restaurant is very bad culture of workers. My brother in law called to general manager Brian Moynan to explain what happened and guess what? He never called back. They just don’t care. I don’t recommend this place for spacial occasion! You will not meet your expectations.

3  Thank 420marynas
Reviewed November 9, 2017

our "to go" place to for any celebration. Vegan food taken to the extreme in terms of quality and presentation. The atmosphere is upscale and very well integrated into the Melrose Avenue scene! Try the vegan cheese platter to never miss cheese again, and other favorites are the oysters and the fabulous burger!

Reviewed November 9, 2017

As traveling vegan bloggers, we got wind of Crossroad's 'Impossible Burger', a mysterious plant-based cheeseburger where only so many are made every day. So we turned up when the doors were opened and managed to get one!

The ‘Impossible Burger’ is the closest tasting burger to the McDonalds cheeseburger, but it’s plant-based and missing all of the bad stuff. It tasted like a fresher version and we were not left disappointed.

We will definitely be back to try other items on the menu! The staff and the ambiance were perfect, thank you for a great visit!

Reviewed November 8, 2017 via mobile

This was our third or fourth dinner here, and it is always exceptional. The menu items are mostly small, or tapas, so what you want to do is order about 3 per person. There were 3 of us and we ate quite well on 9 items, sharing almost all of them pretty easily. Then we shared a dessert. The cuisine is magnificent and all vegan. I have yet to not have a celebrity in the room too, for whatever that is worth. Extensive bar, romantic ambiance, and expensive but worth it. We had a 5:00 reservation and made it to Pantages Theater in time for 7:00 curtain. (Hamilton!)