“Outstanding”
Review of Crossroads

Crossroads
Reserve with OpenTable
Crossroads is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #89 of 10,036 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Orange county
“Outstanding”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

This was my first encounter with vegan food. Went with a group of 6 people who tried multiple dishes all of which were excellent. Had to call the restaurant and tell them we would be late due to heavy traffic. For them it was no problem (20 min delay), even though it was a busy Friday night. Our server Chole was very attentive, very good in overall service. I must say I am not vegan but what the Chef does is enough to convince me how flavorful vegan food can be. The Chef Tal Ronnen came out of the kitchen and greeted us. I am definitely planning a return.

stamford, ct
“Cute energetic place, interesting fine dining- vegan style”
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

We were well taken care of at crossroads kitchen-- a timelessly handsome restaurant with an imaginative vegan menu, and good music. The waitress was personable and interested in pleasing. She said that the menu was tapas style, but that led us to over- order. What we ordered was very tasty and flavorful. I think that my favorite dish was the cutlet- nice and crispy and you could have fooled me that there was no cheese on it. The Moroccan carrots were delicious, with Indian spices and almonds. The rosemary potatoes were silky and rich, and the tomato bisque was piquant and worth it. The mushroom flatbread was also a winner, with deep flavors. Their specialty drinks were also well worth it-- an interesting mixture of flavors that were subtle and smooth. It was a lovely evening, and even carnivores will be pleased with the taste of everything. Two thumbs up.

Ogden, Utah
“Great vegan food; service could be even better”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We went to Crossroads for a New Year's Eve tasting dinner. I'm vegan and my husband is vegetarian, so this restaurant has been on our list for quite some time; we were just waiting to travel to LA to try it. The meal was four courses, and my husband and I tried one of each dish so that we could taste everything.

We were sat quickly and were impressed by the great cocktails. We also ordered a bottle of wine, but when we asked our waitress if all the wines were vegan, she didn't know. This seems like something that would be important (many wines use animal products in processing/fermenting). We later found out she was just recently hired, so it seemed like a training issue.

The meal was wonderful. All the courses were excellent. There was a great variety of healthy vegetable dishes (like a flavorful kale salad) and comfort foods (like gnocchi). The desserts were absolutely amazing.

One of the cool things about Crossroads is that they are not afraid to include faux-meat products and textures in their meals. The italian meatball soup was amazing! None of our meat-eating friends would go with us to the dinner because I guess they were scared of vegan food. But, at Crossroads, many of the dishes are prepared to appeal to people who want the flavor and look of a traditional protein/starch. For us, we wanted to know much more about the dishes and the great flavors that were developed. When we asked our waitress what the meatball in the soup was made of, she did not know. It was also not explained on the tasting menu.

We had a great meal and will definitely return to Crossroads when we return to LA. The food needs no improvements. However, when compared to other multi-course vegan tasting experiences, this one could be improved. For example, when we dined at Millennium in San Francisco, our waitress explained every dish in detail and offered to ask the chef any questions we had. We left Millennium with a great understanding of everything we ate. I wish I could say the same of Crossroads; the food was at the same level as Millenium but the service was not. Also, a few of the couples around us complained that the courses came too fast. We did not find this to be true, but the couple next to us was done about 45 minutes before we were.

Thanks to Crossroads for a great New Year's Eve!

• Visited January 2014
Silicon Valley
“Vegan heaven”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

1st off, all the pics of the restaurant on trip advisor so far are wrong- it is not a BBQ spot or the used clothing store Crossroads Trading co.

The theme of the food here is Mediterranean tapas. The good news is you can try a lot of things this way, the bad news is this means you're probably going to have a higher bill since it's a nicer restaurant that's on the expensive side.

Being from out of town, this was a special visit for us so we went all out and ordered 12 dishes (not including dessert) for 3 people. It was definitely enough for us to feel full by the end of the meal. However, I couldn't skip on trying dessert, so we got that too ; ) Our favorite dishes were the kale caesar, the scaloppini parmesan (basically a chick'n parm. kinda dish), artichoke oysters, crab cakes, and the kale & artichoke dip. Dessert was also good, but those savory dishes are what impressed us the most.

Service was a little awkward because our waiter seemed to be a newbie to the profession. We had to request refills on our drinks, coffee came out cold, and some general stuff like that. Upon leaving, we also didn't get any kind of thank you from the hostess right by the door, which was a little cold/weird. The wait staff who bused the tables to clear accumulating dishes were good though and cleared things promptly.

Our table was right by the bar and it got rather loud at points. In fact, the waiter didn't hear me order a dessert, so I had to reorder it after the coffee was already out for at least 10 min or so. As I remember, I liked their music selection, but thought it was a bit much noise wise given the general sound level from other customers.

All in all, I loved the food, and as a vegan, I'll definitely be back. I ate here with 2 friends who eat meat, but have been to other vegan restaurants with me before, and both said they really enjoyed the food and would come back too.

Greece
“As a non-vegan I found it mediocre”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I went there after a friend's recommendation and i was fairly disappointed. I am not a vegan but i enjoy vegan and vegetarian dishes and in LA one can definitely do better. Cafe Gratitude in Silverlake is a far more interesting choice.

• Visited November 2013