“This was our second visit...didn’t fare so well as the first”
Review of JW's Steakhouse

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Airport Blvd
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We really enjoyed our first visit here a couple of years ago. This time not so much. Ceasar salad was weak, too acidic lacked flavor. Couldn’t even taste any garlic. I loved my rack of lamb, it was delicious. My wife’s ribeye was flavorless and seemed like it was almost baked. No sear or grill marks. Very disappointed compared to our first visit and the restaurant pricing is comparable to the best chain steakhouses like Ruth’s Chris, Morton’s, etc.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (177)

Reviewed September 10, 2019

One never knows what they will find near a major airport, usually just chain restaurants of fast food. We were staying at the Embassy Suites next door but after reading reviews of the steakhouse thought we would give it a try. Glad we did!

We were seated quickly and our server arrived to take a drink order and answer any questions. We had an early flight the next day so didn't want to eat anything to heavy. They had an excellent South African Bordeaux style wine features so we ordered 2 glasses. My wife had the shrimp cocktail which had 4 HUGE shrimp and a lively cocktail sauce. She followed that with a bowl of the Lobster Bisque that had big chunks of fresh lobster and a really nice seafood taste. This wasn't from a can or box of ready made soup! I had the Beef Carpaccio which was very good. I finished with some really nice seared Diver Scallops and a side of the wild mushrooms.

Our server was very good and the other staff helped bring dishes out as they became ready. Overall an enjoyable meal.

1  Thank Chrisinkingwood2
Reviewed September 7, 2019

This is a hotel lobby restaurant that is excellent. The restaurant is just in the back of the LAX Marriott, it is properly lit for a great meal, open kitchen and comfortable seating. The steak was excellent, the sides are very generous and well prepared. The French Onion Soup was very good, but not as great as the steak. I had the NY Strip steak, it was perfectly prepared, well seasoned and presented. All in all, an excellent meal at a very good hotel.

Reviewed September 2, 2019

Superb service and great steaks were the highlights of our meal. I had the filet while my wife had the rib eye. Both were cooked and seasoned to perfection. We shared a couple sides, potato and asparagus. The staff could not have possibly provided better service. There was no room for dessert after this great meal.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed August 23, 2019 via mobile

We stayed at the LAX Marriott hotel attached to this restaurant for 4 days in celebration of my birthday. We had reservations elsewhere but we all were so tired, we decided to try the hotel restaurant instead. This place was nothing short of the 5 stars. The 5 of us was immediately seated & had a very pleasant server. We first were provided with a basket of bread & butter that included soft pretzels and jalapeno sourdough. She recommended several items from the menu and we did order a couple of those recommendations. We had drinks, appetizers and our main meals all came out without any issues or delays. They also brought out & sang "Happy Birthday" to me. If i had to complain about anything, it would be the lobster bisque. There were large chucks placed on top of the soup, that wasn't too tasty with this soup. Yes, I did try to cut up or shred the pieces but it just didn't taste good or as smooth. I had the delicious crabcakes and my husband had filet mignon with lobster tails. His steak was cooked to perfection!!

We highly recommend this place to anyone.

Date of visit: August 2019

Been to JW's Steakhouse? Share your experiences!