“Accidental Delight”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We stumbled upon Bon Vivant completely by accident when we were in the neighborhood. We needed food and luckily we saw this inviting but funky looking wine bar/café. What a great find! The menu is eclectic and ranges from sandwiches to soups, salads, tapas dishes, charcuterie platters, entrees and desserts.. It was 'happy hour' when we arrived, and we also noticed a very nice spread laid out by the bar. We availed ourselves of these snacks while we drank wine and waited for our order to arrive. These snacks were a very nice, satisfying surprise. Our party of 4 ordered a variety of dishes to share and then topped off by sharing a huge slice of yummy chocolate cake. The most impressive platter was the cheese and sausage charcuterie - - - we were able to select the cheeses and meats we wanted from a variety of offerings and were very satisfied with the choices. Bon Vivant has limited table service; upon entering, you head for the counter to place your order. You are given a number sign to put on your table and your food is delivered. This service method is economical and helps keeps prices down, but also can be annoying if there is a long line or the people in front of you take a long time to order. The staff was friendly and helpful. We enjoyed Bon Vivant's youthful, relaxed vibe and wouldn't hesitate to go there again when we are in that neighborhood.

There are newer reviews for Bon Vivant

Reviewed January 16, 2014

We went to Bon Vivant around noon on a Sunday. It was quite full of Sunday 'brunchers', but because of the high ceiling, it was not noisy. It has a nice casual feel, but it does not seem crowded.

We came for a meat and cheese plate and we were not disappointed!

I want to specifically mention Jason behind the meat and cheese counter. He is there to make sure you enjoy your selections. He met with us to discuss our selections and then explained what he had provided for us. He also came by to see how we were doing. If you check out the photo I've included, you will see that Jason takes his job seriously and adds a great artistic flair to his presentation. We were very happy with what I would describe as one of the very best meat and cheese plates we have had! Hey Parkside in Providence, RI - THIS is how its done (see my review of their poor excuse for a charcouterie plate).

Service was attentive, but not intrusive. Since it was busy, the bartender did let us know that a meat and cheese plate might take a while. We were not in a rush and it was well worth the wait.

We will be going back. Thanks again to Jason!

Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

Start with a modern yet funky decor where you can met up for breakfast, lunch, dinner and after hours.
Very large menu: fromage and charcuterie, French onion soup, fresh oysters and two cases of fresh baked desserts.
Full bar.
Food delivery a bit slow but who's rushing when your with friends.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

I stumbled upon this place on my way to my comedy class. They accommodate for any special diet restrictions. Real nice staff and good tasting food. I'll go there again before class. Glad I found it.

Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

I absolutely love this place! It's a charming French bistro style coffee shop with a delectable selection of cheeses, meats and pastries. With couches, a bar and wifi you could spend your entire day there! I have actually started with a morning coffee and stayed through lunch.

Their outside seating is nice as well and this casual yet stylish and cool establishment has been a great addition to the neighborhood. I have come in on many evenings to grab some foods for the week from their fresh deli (think Dolmas, Spanish Tuna Sallad, salmon cakes etc. YUM). The owner has done a fantastic job with the ambiance, staff and food.

Tip: grab the couch and claim it as soon as you walk in. Since you order at the counter and get a number make sure you pick the best seat first. And make sure to eat their salted caramel cookies or chocolates! The baker is sinfully good!