“Real Italian Food - Favorite place in Hollywood”
Review of Miceli's

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Hollywood
Cross street: 2 blks East of Hollywood and Highland
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I normally won't pay for Italian food because I can make it, however, I loved this place so much I ate there three times. Pizza, lasagna, Chicken Parmesan sub sandwich and Peroni beer - I am going through withdrawal thinking about it. Food was fresh, awesome flavor, complimentary homemade buns, original wood seats and tiffany lamps, wine bottles - it was such a terrific atmosphere. A must in Hollywood!!!!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

My husband and I were told this was the first Italian restaurant in Hollywood/LA by our hotel, so we gave it a go. The staff were friendly, there was a very entertaining pianist and a couple of wait staff who sang along which was lovely. The restaurant had a nice decor, gave a very authentic feel and a nice setting for couples. The wine was very good and good value too. The food however was a let down. We had high expectations as given the recommendation and the fact that it's been around for so long.I ordered pasta which came out with a watery sauce, huge portion and not much flavour to it. My husband's pasta was similar.

Overall, nice restaurant and vibe but will not return for food.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

We went in and were greeted right away, very professional and nice, were seated in a quaint corner overlooking the restaurant, the waiter was nice too, but the food somehow came out too fast, and the quality said it... the lasagna and spagetti we got did not taste fresh, and it was bland. It was a disappointment. I looked around to see some ppl ordered pizza and that looked pretty good but who knows.. we went there because its the oldest italian place here and its a nice restaurant with a piano playing and such but the food, thumbs down.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

We visited Miceli's on April 4th. We went for dinner around 4pm and we were immediately seated. The location is great. The ambience of the restaurant is great and the service is wonderful. Our waiter was incredibly attentive and kind. None of us liked our iced tea and he immediately replaced our drinks. We were anxious for good food after eating lots of quick on the go meals during our visit. There is a large variety on the menu. I ordered chicken cannelloni, one of my daughters ordered lasagna and another daughter ordered fettuccini carbonara. My daughter loved her chicken lasagna; it was quite tasty. The other meals were not very good. My cannelloni lacked flavor and my daughter's fettuccini also lacked flavor. She added chicken and a side of Alfredo sauce to give it some extra pop. It was a fun experience, but not great food.

Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Went on Friday evening at 6 p.m. with no reservations and was immediately seated as they were not busy at all. Waiter was super nice and very helpful. I ordered Spaghetti Siciliano with Italian sausage and it was very good. Wife ordered lasagna and said it was average. The hot rolls are awesome. Brian the piano player and the singing waiter's are what make this place memorable. I give em 4 out of 5 forks. Check em out!

1  Thank harryscards