“Great food, perfect atmosphere”

Chosun Galbee Restaurant
Ranked #478 of 10,239 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Korean
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Central L.A
Reviewed April 30, 2012

I met a colleague for dinner on a pleasant April evening. We chose a table on the outdoor patio and enjoyed our Galbre and bulgogi. The pan chan were ordinary, good but nothing special.

The location and weather made a perfect setting for good food and a successful dinner.

Reviewed April 15, 2012

My advice is to to go with a Korean speaking gourmand who knows your taste and orders accordingly. Jinhee went the way of marinated beef which was sublime when dipped into both sauces which I'm sure was a faux pas but we tasted everything and it was all good. The seafood pancakes were like savory crepes and were a perfect opener by the way. Now the fish ovaries were off-putting in a seafood stew but its broth was delicious. Don't be afraid to ask to be served having the staff even set up the strips of meat on the grill that makes it fun. Go with 4 people to make it a 'hunker down' experience. Venue is monumental, clean, Western in feeling being architecturally lit as such, and as one can tell by the number of Koreans eating there alongside caucasian yuppies, its most of all authentic attracting such a mixed crowd. Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed February 22, 2012

I've been to Seoul twice and have not had Korean BBQ since. So when my buddy from LA suggested we go there for dinner, I was eager. I was not disapponited. The food, including the meat and shrimp as well as numerous sides is very good quality and typical of Korean BBQ. If you're on a low carb diet, this place is for you! Just avoid the rice and good Korean beer (Hite), if you must. I will definitely go back next time in LA.

1  Thank thetraveldoc
Reviewed December 27, 2011

The architecture is stunning, so beautiful and unique! We have been many times, and always make a point to take out-of-town guests here for a special experience. The food is excellent Korean BBQ fare, and always consistently good. They get the very best beef cuts here! They even have some nice choices for vegetarians like the tofu which comes pan fried with a little edible leaf on each piece, and also the shitake mushrooms for the grill are great! The service is impeccable, although you may have to wait for a table during the busiest times. I've tried other Korean BBQ places and always end up leaving feeling a bit sick and my hair stinks from the grills, this never happens here because the food is soooo fresh, and the BBQs are gas NOT wood burning, so the food is so much cleaner, and the air!!!

Reviewed November 8, 2011

Oh my gosh... best korean bbq ever!!! A bit on the pricey side but well worth it.
I would definitely try their Kalbi and also the cold noodles (Naengmyun). Can't wait to go again.