Daily Grill LAX
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed April 25, 2013

The food we had was good but the service and delivery of the food was slow, about 30 minutes after we ordered. It was a good thing we arrived in plenty of time. It was $40 for a burger and a shrimp appetizer but what do you expect for an airport?

Reviewed April 24, 2013

We had a long layover waiting for an international flight and had dinner at the Daily Grill. There is not much to choose from in the international terminal and as airport restaurants go, our expectations were pretty low. We were pleasantly surprised with the quality of the food and the dining experience. My wife and I took our time and enjoyed our dinner along with a glass of wine waiting for our flight. As dinner progressed we almost forgot we were in an airport. Food and presentation were very good, service a little slow but we were not in a hurry. Price was not outrageous considering an airport restaurant. When we left the meal we felt like we had an evening out at a good quality restaurant instead of just filling up between flights.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

After checking in for a flight across the Pacific, we ate lunch at the Daily Grill LAX. Previously, we sat at the tables outside facing the mezzanine floor. This time we sat in a booth inside the restaurant. The restaurant was not crowded, and our server, Keith, was polite and attentive. We shared a turkey melt sandwich with avocado, and it was excellent. We shared a carrot cake that was too big even for both of us. It was relaxing and even better than being in an airline lounge. Just a few steps from the security line, we could enjoy the food and quiet of a Daily Grill booth before leaving, reluctantly, to turn ourselves over to the tender mercies of the 30-minute queue for the belt-off, shoes-off, laptops-out, everything out of your pockets, impatient commands, and body scanner machines. By comparison, the Daily Grill was a bit of heaven, and that sandwich was so good. We felt it was a good deal given that you always pay a premium for airport food.

1  Thank Staidthere
Reviewed March 1, 2013

My wife and I were looking for a place to relax and get a decent meal while waiting for check in at LAX international terminal. After a quick review of the options we decided on Daily Grill as it looked to be upscale and we could also get a drink. The place was pretty busy and our server looked a bit overwhelmed but was very courteous and helpful once he got to us.

I ordered beer and my wife diet coke to drink and to eat I ordered the salmon Cesar salad and she the cheeseburger. With the cheeseburger, in lieu of fries, a side salad was not an option so she choose the cold slaw.

We waited a while for our meals to arrive and our drink glasses set empty for quite some time. Our meals arrived and my salad was a big bowl of romaine lettuce covered in dressing, maybe come croutons, and a medium piece of grilled salmon on top. The salmon was good but that was about it and my wife's hamburger, although ordered medium, came out well done and she was about to send it back but didn't want to go through the hassle.

I finally had to ask for another beer and my wife wanted coffee after the meal but all they had was espresso.

Our meals were about $20 each and two $8 draft beers made for a pretty expensive meal that was ultimately disappointing.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

So you're staying at the Westin LAX? Good choice in itself, but is the restaurant any good? Could go either way, though with Westin it's likely to be good. Just to be sure I was getting the best choice, I tried to walk around to find something better. Nothing. Forget about trying the nearby Embassy Suites or Hilton's restaurant. I'd trust Westin before either of them. So I went to the Westin's "Daily Grill." Not an inventive or catchy name, but a perfect choice. I judge a restaurant by the quality of its crab cakes, and rightly so. If a restaurant can't get that right, what can they do? Well, the crab cakes here are perfect, if that's what you like. The sauce that goes with them is delicate and delicous. The cake itself is practically all high quality crab meat. What else needs to be said? You can't get better anywhere. I also ordered their petit filet mignon, because I can't eat that much. This comes with no sauces at all because it's part of their rather extensive 600 calories menu. If you want the sauces and a bigger cut, get the regular filet mignon for only $3.00 more. Anyway, the point is that this restaurant is a gem. If you're staying at a nearby hotel, go to the Westin for dinner. If you're at the Westin, look no more. Ordering a glass of wine? Wow. A generous pour, not one of these places that give you 2 ounces and charge $10. Even their ice cream was delicious. I'm sure their desserts were good too, but had no room for that.