“Atmosphere & drinks good, food eh”

The Velvet Margarita
Ranked #913 of 10,749 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Hollywood
Reviewed December 14, 2011

My friends made it fun. The ambiance was amazing & so were the drinks, but as expected we got an 'actor' for a server who couldn't give 2 crapola's about good service. The mole was not good at all, but the chips & salsa were really tasty. When my dining companions were trying to chat it up with the server about what to get (they were young and not that familiar with Mexican food) we got an apathetic, "Um, I don't know, whatever you like" answer to almost everything. He couldn't wait to drop the check. Good for drinks & free chips & salsa - don't bother with the food.

Reviewed October 3, 2011

This place was so unsuspecting! We were on the hunt for a few good Hollywood bars and this place has it! Great vibe and decor, strong drinks, friendly service and people and a separate bar and D.J. outside in the back alley. I will be sure to return next time I'm in the area!

Reviewed September 12, 2011

While visiting LA we stopped to have dinner at the Velvet Margarita. The entire restaurant is velvet! It was amazing. The service was friendly and timely. Had the turkey empanadas as an ap and the salmon for dinner. Both were delicious. The Margaritas were all made with fresh squeezed juice. Great experience overall!

Reviewed September 12, 2011

I recently visited The Velvet Margarita with a few friends and really liked the scene. Being from out of town it’s nice to go to a Mexican themed restaurant that isnt so basic and like every other one you see. The decor was awesome and the staff was very friendly. I had the Velvet Margarita which was $14.00 but its LA, the drink was huge, and they used Patron so I was happy. All the meals on the menu were the same price for dinner ($16.50) which was nice and the portion size was huge, I had the dinner for another two meals. I took a cab so I didn’t have to deal with parking, but there is a lot right across the street and the location is perfect if you want to walk around after and see the towns nightlife.

Reviewed May 23, 2010

fun play to go and eat; best to get there before 6:30 PM. Unique decor, fun margarita, nice staff. Parking hard to find unless valet. Actually, hard to find if you don't know where to look but that's half the fun. Food good and reasonable priced; I thought drinks where a bit pricey.

1  Thank dickaloo