“Give A++ for effort they make your meal an enjoyable experience!!”
Review of The Morrison

The Morrison
Ranked #226 of 10,143 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The Morrison is a simple, upscale restaurant redefining the idea of the local pub - offering a vast selection of artisinal draught and bottled beers from around the world as well as an emerging list of cocktails.
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Opened Dec 12- our first visit 8/4/13: they want to please !! and did so with excellent Happy Hamburgers: cook em like we like em. Very attentive staff

There are newer reviews for The Morrison

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I really liked this place alot. Really well-put-together gastropub-type atmosphere. Clean and modern looking aesthetic.

The beer choices are fantastic, and during Happy Hour you great this amazing selection for $5...all the ones on tap at least! That is a super deal considering some of the excellent craft choices.

Food is really good as well. Really good! High quality for sure. Unfortunately, the blonde haired waitress we had was very snarly, smug and unfriendly. She also took a very long time to move things along with the meal. Our food took a long time to get to us and by the time it got there it was cool to warm. Fries served at that temperature are not my cup of tea. When we asked her if she minded bringing us some hot fries, she rolled her eyes at us and seemed really put out. We didn't ask to do the same with the burgers, which were the same temp as well. We dealt with it. She was unfriendly when I asked for water even though my glass had been empty for over 30 minutes. I am not going to let her rudeness cloud my interest in returning though. Everyone else was very nice. Just try and avoid her if you are about to be brought to her table/section.

Definitely worth your time and money to come to Morrison!

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I came here on a Saturday for brunch with some friends. We had a couple dogs so opted for the patio. I had the vegetable frittata which was pretty good. It comes with creme fraiche which adds some extra flavor but I preferred some extra spice so I added hot sauce to it and it was perfect. It came with a side salad which was also very fresh and perfectly dressed. All in all, had a good time here.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Not a good value. Not even a fair value. And, not well executed.

Stopped by Saturday night for a drink and snack. Ordered as a beverage "Blood From A Stone". Supposed to be Irish Whiskey (undetectable), chocolate bitters (also undetectable), and fresh blood orange juice. What I got had the flavor of HiC, overly sweet.

Also ordered "hand cut twice fries". Assumed by the name that "twice fries" meant twice fried, e.g. crispy. No. Sorry, but you get better done fries at McDonalds.

P.S. Despite the fact that the fries needed to be... fried, they still made it to our table before the drinks.

1  Thank Tom09234098
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Daniel and I joined Nic, Rebeca , Annett, and Nancy for a great may 5th celebration. The place was busy and decorated beautifully. The ladies all received mini fascinator syle sombreros, the men faux moustaches and beads. The staff were in full swing and kept us supplied with great drink specials , and the brunch style menu was excellent. Kudos to Mark the owner and Brian for making it a day to remember , I am still savouring the bread pudding thanks Brian see you soon Gerry

1  Thank mackay13