“Truly NOT worth it.”

Ranked #162 of 10,877 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The Morrison is a simple, upscale restaurant redefining the idea of the local pub - offering a vast selection of artisinal draught and bottled beers from around the world as well as an emerging list of cocktails.
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Not a good value. Not even a fair value. And, not well executed.

Stopped by Saturday night for a drink and snack. Ordered as a beverage "Blood From A Stone". Supposed to be Irish Whiskey (undetectable), chocolate bitters (also undetectable), and fresh blood orange juice. What I got had the flavor of HiC, overly sweet.

Also ordered "hand cut twice fries". Assumed by the name that "twice fries" meant twice fried, e.g. crispy. No. Sorry, but you get better done fries at McDonalds.

P.S. Despite the fact that the fries needed to be... fried, they still made it to our table before the drinks.

1  Thank Tom09234098

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Daniel and I joined Nic, Rebeca , Annett, and Nancy for a great may 5th celebration. The place was busy and decorated beautifully. The ladies all received mini fascinator syle sombreros, the men faux moustaches and beads. The staff were in full swing and kept us supplied with great drink specials , and the brunch style menu was excellent. Kudos to Mark the owner and Brian for making it a day to remember , I am still savouring the bread pudding thanks Brian see you soon Gerry

1  Thank mackay13
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Move over Tam O'Shanter! There's a new Scotch-Irish Pub in town and it's right across the street! After another disappointing St. Patrick's Day at the Tam (insisted by my tradition-minded mother), we couldn't help notice the eye-appealing Morrison recently-opened across the street. Billed as a Scottish gastropub, the Morrison is an upscale restaurant , the creation of Charles Lew, the owner of Stout hailing from the Highlands. We stopped in for Sunday Brunch yesterday (partly to avoid the long lines at the over-subscribed restaurants on Hillhurst Avenue). What a liked most about the place is the New York sexy black and chrome interior, which might come off as dark and claustrophobic, were it not for the floor-to-ceiling doors that open onto Los Feliz Boulevard and the open seating arrangement. I opted for the cod and chips, which were lightly battered and flavorful; some of the other offerings including a variety of Scottish eats including scotch egg with venison sausage, salmon offered with treacle blini in a trio of pate, smoked, and cured with Scotch, corned beef, and a ham-laced "rarebit" sandwich.
The Morrison, located at 3179 Los Feliz Blvd. Atwater Village; 323-467-7227.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stopped by this new neighborhood restaurant and were pleasantly surprised with the quality of the decor, food and service. Booths were roomy, bar was gorgeous with lots of unusual beer and cocktail selections, and, though crowded, we were easily able to converse without shouting. Our food was delicious with very light, not greasy, cod and chips, and a brisket-filled meat pie. The staff was friendly, available and knowledgable. We will be back.

1  Thank Akanakagawa
Reviewed February 28, 2013

and we noticed a new restaurant had opened. Well, we were going to do a salad bar somewhere but decided to try the new place. There's a nice parking lot right next to the restaurant, so it is quite convenient. We walk in - and it is dark, quiet, tasteful ... we are offered our choice of tables. We look at the menu - and practically nothing is familiar! We've wandered into a Scottish restaurant - the first of our experience. Neither of us drinks beer but I ordered the Cava (a Spanish "champagne" that I remember fondly from Barcelona). I would have ordered scotch, because I love it, but since I'm supposed to keep away from gluten, and I wanted to order whatever was in the food preparation, I had to forego. For an appetizer Joey tries the cock-a-leeky soup (chicken soup) and I try the soft scotch egg (medium boiled egg wrapped in venison sausage and then breaded, with a smear of horseradish mustard on the side). We both enjoyed our choices, so we looked forward to our entrees (Joey's was hangar steak with chive mash potatoes, mine was essentially fish and chips). I really enjoyed my fries - skinny, crisp, with a malt aioli. The fish was battered cod - the batter was crisp, the cod was melt-in-your-mouth. The only problem with the cod was that there were 3 big pieces and I could only finish two. Since I had mentioned I was trying to keep away from gluten, the wonderful waitress brought us a lovely bowl of fresh blueberries, strawberries and blood oranges with Greek yogurt for dipping for our dessert. A delightful and fresh ending to clear our palates. I look forward to trying other menu items.