“Don't Get Delivery!”

Italy's Little Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Italy's Little Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #769 of 10,744 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Westside
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We have tried to like this place... The pizza is good when it's hot, butbthrblastcteo times we have had it delivered it has taken well over an hour ( tonight an hour and twenty minutes) and ice cold. The kid tried to tell me it was hot from a hot box-nod I demonstrated it was cold. The owner doesn't care because I spoke with him the last time this happened. NEVER ordering from them again!

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I REALLY want to like this place, but my most recent visit had the same inconsistency problems as the first two times. Now I know that if you sit on the patio, you are going to get SLOW service. Maybe it's different inside, but three times in a row the patio service was pleasant enough when the server is at your table, but food delivery is excruciatingly slow and it's difficult to hail a server for anything. I think they're just understaffed. The second update is my review of their allegedly popular Lobster Ravioli - it was exceedingly bland with a sponge-like ersatz filling that had absolutely no taste of lobster. We ordered Tiramisu early to be sure they didn't run out as in the past - it was served totally frozen and could not be eaten at the table (we took it home with us). The Cioppino was very good as usual, but this one item is really not enough to keep us coming back. We'll give Italy's Little Kitchen one more try. They really need to get their act together.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The food was good, and the portions adequate. We brought our own wine, so I didn't evaluate the wine list,

1  Thank Raphael E
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We picked this restaurant in hast as we had spent the day traveling and just checked into our hotel. I'm glad we didn't read these reviews before or we would have been even more disappointed with what we got.
Firstly we were left to wait at the door for far too long before a table was found for us by the toilets. The smell was terrible and we had to keep getting up to close the door as it jammed open each time anyone went in or out. Our table was on a slope and we sat for ages before we got any service, but with all the drama and show going on in the kitchen we thought it would be worth the wait.
Sadly the food was even more disappointing. I ordered the Chicken Scaloppine which promised Artichoke, Mushrooms, Tomato and Cream, none of which appeared to be in my bowl of pasta and olive oil. The chicken was dry and flavorless and simply swimming in oil. My husbands Arrabiata had no spicy flavor at all and reminded me of the pasta and tinned tomatoes of our student days.
Unlike most American restaurants no one came to ask how our meal was until we had put our cutlery together on near full plates and then the waitress cleared them without waiting for an answer. I guess they are used to people picking at the food.
There was nothing fresh, friendly or Italian about this place. If you are in the area go to the restaurant at the Custom hotel over the road. It has valet parking, amazing food and welcoming staff.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

This was actually my second visit within 10 days to Italy’s Little Kitchen. I wanted to compare my visits since the reviews I had read were sort of a mixed bag. My finding is that this is an excellent venue with excellent cuisine, as well as a great value.

Service is generally very good, although this time we waited much too long after menus had been given to us. Once the waiter appeared, however, everything took an upturn with personalized professional service. One thing I really like is their timing of plate delivery, i.e. if there is a table of more than 2 people, then an assistant follows the main server so that all plates are delivered to the table at the same time.

House made bread is offered right off, along with a plate of olive oil/balsamic; it was delicious the last time; however, this time, it appeared too doughy, perhaps as if it had not been allowed to rise enough prior to baking. Taste was very good though.

I was very impressed the last time with their version of Cioppino and I ordered it again. It was outstanding, with plenty of fish, lobster, shrimp, clams…and excellent marinara sauce. I also love the presentation in a large bowl which has an angled bottom. The last time one of us had ordered Chicken Picatta and, although OK, it lacked the lemony flavor that I personally find so appealing. This time we ordered their California Pasta which had penne, sun dried tomatoes, artichokes, goat cheese and a marinara sauce. It was excellent, and the large chunks of fresh artichoke really added to the goodness. The only mild disappointment was the parmigiana cheese served tableside – it was not very good quality, probably a lesser domestic variety.

We ordered tiramisu for dessert and ordered it early in the meal, since they had run out of it on our last visit. It was an excellent tiramisu, with wonderful moistness and espresso flavor (my only very minor complaint is the canned whipped cream used for presentation florets on the plate).

This place is a new favorite for me. Casual, Excellent Cuisine, Value Priced.