“Great breakfast place”

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Venice
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Three of us went out to breakfast here and got three very different breakfasts. First breakfast was the first French toast on the menu. Filled with lots of good stuff, including sausage, this was a winner. The second breakfast was the croissant sandwich with fruit. Good safe choice and done well. The third breakfast was eggs, veggies, and brown rice. Not our favorite, but we took it home and had it as leftovers the next day. If you like cheese, this had a lot of cheese. Otherwise, there are better choices on the menu. We all had a morning cocktail and each was delicious. Coffee is the never ending cup. The staff works together, and there are constant refills. To add to this, we loved the comfortable atmosphere. Just a lovely breakfast.

There are newer reviews for 26 Beach Cafe

Reviewed July 5, 2014

The chilean sea bass was delicious!!!! Chicken parmesan was very good. Service was beyond excellent!!!!

Reviewed June 29, 2014

My family and I went to 26 Beach cafe for Sunday brunch. Super crowded and had to wait an extra 15 minutes even with a reservation. Btw - make reservation online from their website.

Interior is shabby chic meets beachy Hawaiian. We had excellent service and great mimosas. Top food hits were our French toast items and breakfast sandwiches. I have never seen so many amazing different types of French toast on a menu - it was honestly tough to pick.

We loved the churro french toast with cinnamon sugar, caramel and topped with horchata ice cream. Soooo good! Two of my boys had their breakfast sandwich with fried egg, applewood bacon, avocado. Loved that too. The sweet potato baby tots were addictive too.

Probably the only thing that wasn't bad but not the best was my husband's tomatillo burger. Really messy and just lacked the flavor I thought it should have. There are probably more than 10 different burgers to choose from too. They have A very large and varied menu.

I'd go back for the French toasts again - maybe the banana royale, Nutella or Pineapple coconut one. Sign me up!.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

The place seemed to have great reviews and the menu looked very appealing, however the experience was far from what we expected. There were 7 people in our party 6 of which got burgers and the 7th person got some chicken salad with pecans.

Burgers: at first the people who brought out the food had no idea who ordered what, and the 2 people who ordered the same burger got the order switched, which usually is not a big deal only one ordered medium rare and the other one ordered well done. even after they switched the plates, the medium rare was simply rare (we cut it in half just to make sure) Considering that the place is not that cheap we send the medium rare burger back and what we got back is the same cut in half burger only grilled a little more. All the toppings and assembly were gone. What was left from brie cheese was some white smear on the top bun. The buns were already all soaked with bloody fluid from the burger and they did not even used the new ones. Another medium rare burger was also rare, so the person just ate around the central portion. My burger was rare, however that was what i ordered so it's was fine.

Salad: I have not tried the salad nor the chicken, yet the glazed pecans were soggy which turned a delicious component of the salad into "indigestible" mush (a bit of exaggeration, but you get the point)

The clams and ceviche appetizers were very good.

Maybe they had new or different chef or maybe having all the good reviews they are simply getting sloppy.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

I often get dinner delivered from 26 Beach to my hotel. The food is great, always arrives hot and the price is good. I will definitely order the burger again; outstanding.