“Don't know where to eat at late night?..this is your choice”
Review of BCD Tofu House

BCD Tofu House
Ranked #379 of 10,202 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Korean
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Central L.A
Reviewed November 5, 2013

BCD tofu house is one of the largest chain restaurant selling korean tofu that I know of in LA. But that doesn't affect their food. Similar to any Korean tofu restaurant, they will provide sides dishes and Korean pickles, which, I thought the taste is just average. However, I love their fish side dish (fried Spanish mackerel) It is just extremely delicious.
The main dishes are fantastic. I have had the bulgogi, the fish combo, the ribeye steak and etc., and they are all very delicious meat with some juicy yummy quality on their food. And, overall price is not expensive at all with the quality of food you are getting. I would definitely go from time to time!

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Excellent Korean tofu that is open super late in the evening. Their pickled side dishes aren't as varied as other Korean tofu places but the food is consistently good. The short rib dish was delicious, I polished the plate almost by myself. You also get a breaded fried fish too. I would've ordered soju but we'd been drinking earlier.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

It used to be much better but now it is very crowded and the service is very inattentive. The food used to be better but still it's ok. Soon Tofu is good for cold weathers.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

This place has gone through major renovation not too long ago and has transformed into a modern Korean restaurant. I like the combo menu with BBQ and smaller portion of tofu soup. The best part is the fact that this place offers free parking and is open for 24 hours. You can be here for breakfast, late lunch or late night snack.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

FOOD: This is a bold assessment, but I've been to many specialty houses for tofu stew, East and West coast:
--->>> BCD on Western Ave in LA is the best. Best preparation of tofu, most flavorful rich tofu broth. Different from their Wilshire branch or the others around the country. I typically have their seafood soon tofu, mild spicyness, with galbi. Great with warm clear bowls of water.
--- One of my favorite meals ever.

ATMOSPHERE: Focused on food, efficiency.

OVERALL. I try to come here at least once per trip. .

I wish they would add a mushroom stew to their menu.