“Let's Go Out and Cook Our Own Food!"”

Shabu Shabu House Restaurant
Ranked #834 of 10,346 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed June 13, 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed the novelty of cooking my own assortment of tissue-thin beef and crispy fresh vegetables at Shabu Shabu. Everything tasted so fresh, and despite furtive glances around the counter to "see how everyone else was doing it", it was a memorable dining experience.

1  Thank Marcia2424

Reviewed May 21, 2014

We stopped by at Shabu Shabu with some co-workers as it came highly recommended for a business lunch. This is a great place to entertain friends or clients. From the time we sat down to the time we ordered and received our food and drinks was less than 7 mins. That is very important when going anywhere for lunch during business hours. The presentation of the food was fantastic. I loved the idea of mixing in my own ingredients and cooking the meat myself. I had the large rib- eye plate which was the perfect size and not too filling. Be careful because the meat cook quickly. You could tell the rib-eye was premium meat because of the marbleization and how buttery it taste when eating. This is by far one of the best and most reasonably priced meals I have had for a business lunch. I could not have been happier with my experience and will surely return the next time I am in the LA area.

Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Family style. You need to put your bane on the list - need to be punctual - if you aren't there when your name is called, you miss your turn.

Enjoyed the meal. Was stuffed and satisfied - can highly recommend. Meal was around 20 dollars a head

Reviewed January 31, 2014

This is a very busy restaurant so you will want to show up early and be patient with getting a table. Sign the waiting list, wander around the nearby shops. Very good food, packed with locals.

Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

Nice place with good delicious food! Waiting time sometimes can be a hussle but its all worth the wait!