“Best shabu shabu period”

Shabu Shabu House Restaurant
Ranked #984 of 10,140 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I timed my arrival time from Las Vegas just between 11/11:30 just to be back again at the shabu shabu house. If you never had shabu try this one. Great price,taste and freshness. Sayonara.

There are newer reviews for Shabu Shabu House Restaurant

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I've had Shabu Shabu in Japan many times. What a treat this is. While visiting on L.A., we had dinner here. Unbelievable!! While we ate, I felt as though we were in a Tokyo restaurant. The food is amazing, as we'll as the staff working there! If you're near Little Tokyo....this is a must. Plus Asahi "Super Dry" is cold hits the spot.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

I am a habitual seeker of Shabu Shabu. The best I have ever had is here... and in Tokyo. Period.

Look at the negative reviews here and read what they say:
"The wait is too long" - GUESS WHY. Long wait to get into a place speaks volumes.

Every time I am back in L.A., I go here, and am more than happy to wait, because it is just THAT GOOD!

Reviewed June 23, 2012

Shabu Shabu House in Los Angeles' Little Tokyo is worth the wait. We waiting about 45 long minutes. The long wait is because of the nature of the eating experience. Each patron sits in front a boiling pot of hot water. The hot water is perfect to place a waiting plate of cut vegetables and tofu. Then, the thinly sliced meat is put into the hot water. The meat is boiled for as long as desired. A bowl of rice is spiced with soy sauce and other delights. The eating process is entirely controlled with chop sticks and the electric energy of the other 40 patrons all moving their food back and froth from the boiling pots.
We were watched by a constant flow of new patrons who were also cued for their meals. We were served with excellent care and rapid attention for rice bowl refills and beverages.
This experience is worth all of the effort. The price is also reasonable for such a delightful meal.

Reviewed January 27, 2012

good sushi appeals to some of the more trendy young people but it also has its older people following who have been come here for years. If you are not having sushi then you are cooking your own. Ingredients are all fresh and very good. There can be line there.