“Shabu Shabu...yes.”

Cuisines: Asian, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed January 27, 2012

good sushi appeals to some of the more trendy young people but it also has its older people following who have been come here for years. If you are not having sushi then you are cooking your own. Ingredients are all fresh and very good. There can be line there.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

I have been going to Shabu Shabu House in Little Tokyo Downtown LA for over 20 years now. Same great owner, same place, same odd country music in low volume (funny), and same great meat you can only get here. The owner has been consistent with the quality of the food and keeping the price reasonable. Expect to wait minimum of 30 min. unless you are very lucky and got there when the crowd is gone. The peanut sauce and the ice coffee is awesome. He now accepts ONLY CASH so make sure you take enough money. This is one of my favorite place to eat in LA.

Reviewed July 6, 2011

We ALWAYS eat at this place EVERY TIME we visit LA. Never mind if we have to wait at least an hour to be seated....it is all worth it. They are closed Mondays. They open at 11:30am and 5:30pm rest of the week. You have to sign up to be seated -- the list is usually in a stool by the door or by the counter inside the restaurant. We usually try to arrive an hour before they open so we can be included in the first batch to be seated. We just kill time around the plaza. There's a Hello Kitty store nearby :) If it's your first time to try shabu shabu, ask the owner to show you how to prepare the sauce :) I love how they have one pot per person. I hate having to share pots as in other shabu shabu restaurants. Don't forget to have your parking ticket validated before you leave.

1  Thank Fuchsiapower
Reviewed September 28, 2010

My friend and I went there not knowing what to expect because we saw the queu the night before so we thought we will try it at lunchtime. We didn't wait long because we were early enough. We ordered 2 minimum meals and we didn't know what to do. The staff were courteous enough to show us what we should do and we very much enjoyed the meal. I will recommend it to my friends who lives in LA.

Reviewed April 13, 2010

Very good Shabu Shabu. The sliced meats are well worth the wait. You might feel a little rushed, its just because they're just trying to make their turns.