“very good!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chao Krung Thai Restaurant

Chao Krung Thai Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Chao Krung Thai Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,051 of 9,848 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Central L.A
Modesto
“very good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

About thirty years ago, I worked at a facility across the street from Chao Krung, so I had lunch there at least three times a week for years. My favorite was Pad Thai with chicken. Oh, so delicious. As I have since moved away, I make it a point to visit when I come to town.. They have an extensive menu, something for everyone. The chicken is very good, as is everything I have tried over the years. The service is good, but not always friendly. I know they used to have a lunch buffet. I'm not sure if they still do, since I now order take out for dinner. I wasn't too impressed when I did have the buffet. Lots of rice and noodles, very little meat, but still very flavorful. I recommend Chao Krung. Very good Thai food!

Visited November 2012

Los Angeles, California
“Lovely Staff, Lovely Food, Lovely Atmosphere!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

a little price but the food hits all the right notes. The staff was very attentive, making us feel welcome at all times. The angel wings were huge- what kind of chicken was that- and very tasty!

• Visited September 2013
Los Angeles, CA
“Great food, good wine, nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

This is one of my favorite restaurants in LA and definitely my favorite Thai food. The food is very reasonably price and delicious, the wine selection is better than your average Thai restuarant, the servers are all very courteous and wear really pretty traditional garb, and there is a really great (so cheesy it actually works) mural of Bangkok on the wall that glows. My favorite dishes here are the various curries, the BBQ chicken, the spring rolls, and the Pad Thai. Parking is generally pretty easy to find at the meters on Fairfax.

• Visited January 2013
Los Angeles, California
“HORRIFIC!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

We waited for 2 hours on delivery food!

Initially was told delivery time would be around an hour. Wasn't thrilled, but I decided to be patient. It was a Friday night, after all.

After calling tons of times and was promised it was on the way. Spoke with a different person every time. After waiting patiently they called and said my order had been cancelled. Absurd!

They actually argued with me and were saying I had cancelled my own order. Why would I keep calling to find out where my order is if I was canceling it?

They were completely unapologetic, argumentative, and extremely rude.

IDIOTS!

NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER GO TO CHAO KRUNG!!!!

• Visited January 2013
wirral
“Best Thai food outside of Bangkok”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2012

We found this place by accident and it was wonderful. We had a lychee martini which was excellent, as a starter we had waterfall beef wrap, really fresh flavours, very delicious and good portion size, followed by a Thai green curry.
Now this is my favourite dish and I often rate a restaurant based only on the quality of this dish. I've been to Thailand about 6 times and I love green curry. The green curry here was very very authentic, the closest I've come to a Bangkok curry outside of Thailand. Service was great and waitress very friendly.

Would 100% recommend this place,