“Lovely Staff, Lovely Food, Lovely Atmosphere!”

Chao Krung Thai Restaurant
Ranked #4,546 of 10,346 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Thai
Neighborhood: Central L.A
Neighborhood: Central L.A
Reviewed September 5, 2013

a little price but the food hits all the right notes. The staff was very attentive, making us feel welcome at all times. The angel wings were huge- what kind of chicken was that- and very tasty!

Reviewed January 28, 2013

This is one of my favorite restaurants in LA and definitely my favorite Thai food. The food is very reasonably price and delicious, the wine selection is better than your average Thai restuarant, the servers are all very courteous and wear really pretty traditional garb, and there is a really great (so cheesy it actually works) mural of Bangkok on the wall that glows. My favorite dishes here are the various curries, the BBQ chicken, the spring rolls, and the Pad Thai. Parking is generally pretty easy to find at the meters on Fairfax.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

We waited for 2 hours on delivery food!

Initially was told delivery time would be around an hour. Wasn't thrilled, but I decided to be patient. It was a Friday night, after all.

After calling tons of times and was promised it was on the way. Spoke with a different person every time. After waiting patiently they called and said my order had been cancelled. Absurd!

They actually argued with me and were saying I had cancelled my own order. Why would I keep calling to find out where my order is if I was canceling it?

They were completely unapologetic, argumentative, and extremely rude.

IDIOTS!

NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER GO TO CHAO KRUNG!!!!

Reviewed April 14, 2012

We found this place by accident and it was wonderful. We had a lychee martini which was excellent, as a starter we had waterfall beef wrap, really fresh flavours, very delicious and good portion size, followed by a Thai green curry.
Now this is my favourite dish and I often rate a restaurant based only on the quality of this dish. I've been to Thailand about 6 times and I love green curry. The green curry here was very very authentic, the closest I've come to a Bangkok curry outside of Thailand. Service was great and waitress very friendly.

Would 100% recommend this place,

Enjoy

Reviewed November 28, 2008

Just really good food, service is average but nothing to complain about, meter parking is usually available...what else can you ask for out of a restaurant????