“Intimate and delicious”
Review of Carlitos Gardel

Carlitos Gardel
Reserve with OpenTable
Carlitos Gardel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 10,753 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Central L.A
Reviewed November 22, 2013

This jewel of a restaurant can fool you from the outside, but once inside it is very intimate, warm and inviting. The service was superb, and the steaks are outrageous. We split the 14-oz rib-eye, with the chimichurri glaze, which was plenty of meat for the two of us. The steak was very juicy and favorable. We paired it with a wonderful Malbec wine. For starters we had the baked garlic, and a Caesar salad....a very enjoyable experience. We will be back.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

I had been with my father many years ago when the menu was simple and flavorful and the noise level reasonable. I went following the tripadvisor recommendations and because I figure if it was still there it must still be good. Well McDonalds is still around and it doesn't make it a good place to eat. Out of 4 full meals only the portabella Mushroom appetizer was well seasoned. The price was outrageous for the quality and the flavor of the meals. The place was so noisy you could not have a conversation. We ate as fast as we could and left. I was embarrassed that I suggested this place to my friends.

1  Thank Starviagera
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We went here for our 40th wedding anniversary and I would recommend this restaurant for a special occasion. The restaurant is plain on the outside, but beautifully decorated inside with white linens, large mirrors & pictures on the wall. My husband and I divided the Ojo de Costilla a la Criolla (14-oz rib-eye, chimichurri glaze) $48. My son ordered the Lomo a la Marsala (8-oz filet mignon, marsala wine-mushroom reduction) $39. Both meals came with sautéed vegetables & pumpkin-puree mashed potatoes. Both meals were wonderful and flavored to perfection. We also split the Ensalada Caesar (romaine, anchovies, house-made croutons, house-made Caesar dressing) $12. It is hard to find a Caesar salad with anchovies in it. For dessert we split the dulce de leche cake – so good! Although the prices are high, the meal and atmosphere was good. There are many restaurants that have good food, but are lacking in class. This had both.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

We almost didn't go in even though we had reservations, because there was no one else inside eating when we got there (at 7 pm on a Monday night). But decided that there had been so many good reviews, we should at least try it. WE were glad we did! Food was very good, and dessert to die for. We each had something different...rack of lamb, salmon, and veal ravioli. And we enjoyed it all. For desert we tried two desserts...one of which is the only place you can get authentic dulce con leche ice cream. We thought we had died and gone to heaven, it was so good. They also have a very nice wine selection. By the time we left the place was starting to fill up...we must have started earlier than the local crowd. We will definitely go again!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Fantastic old style cooking. Fast service, and friendly staff. Very warm atmosphere. Amazing steaks.