“Italy in Hollywood”

Fabiolus Cucina Italiana Verona
Reserve with OpenTable
Fabiolus Cucina Italiana Verona is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #488 of 10,091 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Hollywood
Cross street: Vine
Transit: Buses 2 and 302
Description: Fabiolus Cucina features cuisine from the Italian region of Veneto, located in the northeast part of Italy. The restaurant is conveniently located near the Arclight Cinemas, Pantages Theatre, Palladium, Avalon, Music box and Montalban theatre. Ideal for families and large groups. Specialized in pretheatre dining.
Lordgin1
“Italy in Hollywood”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

An excellent Italian Restaurant where the food is delicious and authentic! It rare to find true Italians working at an Italian restaurant in Los Angeles but there infectious joy and friendliness makes the dining experience even more memorable. The pasta is freshly handmade as well as the sauces which are all incredibly tasty. The calamari is very fresh and not too greasy. The seafood is amazingly fresh and tasty. The Panna Cotta is a taste of heaven with soft textures and sweetness that overwhelms you. Location wise, Fabiolus is very convenient to Live theater (the Pantages) and the cinemas (Arc Light Cinemas) as well as a slew of Hollywoood hot spots.

• Visited February 2013

Hesperia, California
“Nice meal”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Drove to Hollywood from Palmdale to buy tickets at the Pantages...I asked about a good Italian restaurant and they recommended this one. I walked there (only 2 blocks away), and found a quaint, very clean, friendly restaurant. I enjoyed my brunch and glass of wine (from a nice selection). They have a nice covered patio (although I sat inside by the window facing Sunset) and attentive staff. I would recommend this restaurant for visitors to the area (I'm sure locals already know it). And I thank the Pantages for the heads up (they have a pamplet with local restaurants they like if you ask for it).

• Visited December 2012
Marina del Rey, California
“Definitely Not Fabulous”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I truly wanted to like this place. It has a warm cozy ambiance and the sounds of Italian waft through the air. I knew it was going to be a truly Italian experience from the get-go. The waiters and the busboy were wonderful, especially the Chinese busboy who spoke fluent Italian. However the food was where the experience went downhill. I would have given an overall rating of 2, but the servers brought my rating up to an overall 3.

Maybe it was because they were crowded, maybe it was because it was a Sunday evening, maybe, maybe, maybe. Anyway, here goes. The bread looked great – long slices from a round loaf of Italian bread. However, the bread was at least a day old. Maybe Sunday was non-delivery day from their suppliers. We asked for a small green salad which we told the waiter we would split. The salad was brought out on two plates and they were tasty, but register our shock when the bill later added $3 to the salad as a “split” charge! For mains, we decided to have a Spaghetti dish with seafood (a sort of Al Mare, but I can’t remember the menu name). I ordered the “homemade” Gnocchi in a garlic, olive oil sauce. I remarked to my dining companion that our china plates were cold, although the spaghetti was quite hot. My gnocchi were just lukewarm and I sent it back. They had changed the plate (cold again), but still lukewarm gnocchi. The clams in the spaghetti were tough, and my gnocchi may have been homemade, but they were probably days old, dry and heavy/doughy. What a disappointment.

We thought dessert might somehow save the day, but of the 6 or 7 desserts on the menu, we were told that only two desserts were available since “it was a busy day and we’re out of the rest”. We elected the Italian Strudel which seemed like an odd choice of desserts in an Italian restaurant. It was dreadful. The fruit (pear? apple?) was cooked to a mush, and the taste of ginger was so strong that we only ate a few bites.

Go elsewhere if you’re in the area for dinner. Tender Greens is next door and although they do not possess the melodious Italian environment, at least the food is fresh and served hot.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Frequenttraveler0034
Burlington, Canada
“Lovely place.”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Went here our first night in LA. Not only was the food delicious but we received excellent sight seeing tips from Gino! What a great welcome to the city.

Visited November 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Charming. Welcoming. Scrumptious”
Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

This restaurant is a gem in Hollywood. The owners are a husband/wife team who tend to every detail. Service is impeccable and the food is authentic Italian. They hail from Verona. They are committed to helping the community -- a rarity amongst Hollywood restauranteurs. Restaurant is undergoing a remodel that will be FANTASTICO!

1 Thank Kerry M