“Avoid if you're not too hungry”
Review of Tony Roma's

Tony Roma's
Ranked #414 of 10,244 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Universal City Area
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We chose this restaurant as we missed the one in Vegas and was told it was a must visit. As I wasn't too hungry I ordered 2 starters thinking they would be smaller. How wrong can you be??? They were as large as main courses. The food was ok, but nothing special, but the service was wonderful.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

We arrived late in from a flight into LAX and headed to Hilton hotel near this Tony Roma's. So, we were the only ones to walk in (so we were the only order) and they said they would take order as takeout (fine with us). YOu would think with one order they wouldn't burn the burgers??!?!? Well, the burgers were burned and we asked for it to be cooked medium and not well. Had a pasta dish with asparagus that was just so-so. Pasta was overcooked. Would not recommend.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

High quality food, and extensive menu choice(a good meat restaurant). The waiter was friendly and attentive. A perfect way to finish the day after Universal film studios.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

The menu was quite large and had something for everyone. The waiter was very friendly and answered all of our questions. Clean restaurant, nice atmosphere.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We took the train to Universal City for lunch at Tony Romas and enjoyed it very much.

My husband chose the rib sampler which was listed as a dozen mixed baby backs, however it was 16 as each came with four ribs and 2 sides. They were all excellent. A lot of food, and so nice about our sharing.

We hope to go back as we saw Sloppy Joes on the menu and I make great ones but for 2 people who eat as much as one person, hardly worth the bother to cook and WASH the dishes.

Beer service was ungodly slow, but my soda came right away, apparently they need another bartender. Our waiter was very nice.

They gave fresh tender yeast rolls with a seasoned butter, so good!!!

It was a great meal and a nice place to stroll around, and we did see more places to try, and will plan another trip some day as it costs us a grand total of $1 each to take the train (gold line to red line and off at universal city). Parking alone is $10 and they probably don't validate, but didn't ask. So a great bargain.

The best part for me is that the shuttle runs often, at least on the weekend, and it will take me in my scooter. Loved that!

I don't see a place to place the website so here it is.