“Great Neighborhood Spot”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Universal City Area
Reviewed July 21, 2014

This is my favorite neighborhood restaurants. I eat here at least once a week, the staff treats me like family, and I always have a great experience. My boyfriend is a vegetarian and there are always plenty of options to choose from. I love the channa masala medium plus.

Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Nothing special, average/good Indian food.

We had butter chicken which was actually quite decent. Lamb bryani on the other hand was a big disappointment.

Waiters weren't that attentive, took a while each time to get them to come to our table.

I guess it's OK but I'm sure there are better Indian restaurants around.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

This is arguably the best Indian restaurant in the valley. The food is excellent, the service is first-rate, the prices reasonable, and the ambiance is acceptable. Only Indians staff this restaurant. They will spice the dishes according to your taste. I asked for lamb vindaloo, very spicy, and it was very spicy. Their freshly prepared breads were delicious. Don’t make the mistake of going to another restaurant for this type of cuisine.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Visiting from Australia and our son took us there in December 2011. We requested to revisit December 2012. Food and service was wonderful. Would recommend this restaurant to anyone who loves Indian food.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I've eaten Indian food all over LA, and I agree with another reviewer that this is the best in town. Chicken Tikka Masala is the dish upon which I judge all Indian establishments, and theirs is the most delicious I've ever had, with an incredible creamy sauce. Also love the saag paneer and garlic naan, raita and mango chutney. The best thing about their cooking is that it has lots of flavor without being too oily, which is a big problem with lots of Indian food.
Mild heat level is no way to get the best flavor out of this food, if you like mild, might I suggest pancakes from DuPar's down the street. Medium is perfect for most people and those who like a bit of heat, "medium to hot," has quite a kick. And beware: HOT will blow your head off !
Service is excellent, this is a very small place, not a great option for kids or large parties. I live too far for delivery, but this is my go-to, the food is fresh and hot, and it's worth the drive for take out.
Okay... I've made myself hungry. Screw the diet, I'm ordering right now.

1  Thank flymonkey