“Patina is Perfect!”
Review of Patina Restaurant

Patina Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Patina Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #203 of 10,239 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 2nd St.
Transit: Take the Metro red line; exit at Hill Street. Walk one block west. Patina is located in the southwest corner of the renowned Walt Disney Concert Hall.
Description: Patina is a Michelin starred French restaurant at the Walt Disney Concert Hall, considered by many as the pinnacle of fine dining in Downtown Los Angeles.
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I took my niece here Saturday (12/08/12) night after a concert at the LA Phil. Nothing could have been better. So few places serve Sweetbreads and they do! And the vegetable mosaic: WOW. The taste of the celery...and you know how bitter celery can be. And the wine list!!!! The Iron Horse Wedding Cuvee Champagne was breathtaking; I laughed when my niece was asked if she is 21; she is 31 and has that fresh look of youth! I'll be back after the next concert. I've eaten there alone and now with my treasured niece. Both are A++ experiences. Nothing can beat them.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

With several associates, I had a great dinner last week. Absolutely everything was first class starting with the hostess when I arrived. The place is physically beautiful, and quiet enough to actually have a conversation. I had sea bass and it was as good as I have ever enjoyed. Expensive but worth it.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Historically, this is one of the top rated places in Los Angeles; however, we hadn't been there since it moved from Melrose Avenue to the Walt Disney Center (yes, that's a while). We decided to give it a try last Saturday night, and we're glad we did. One of the great things about this place is the size and ambience of the restaurant. The dining room is not too small, but it feels intimate. You're not seated close to other tables, so you get to enjoy your own conversation and not the one from the table next door. (We had a booth--request one when you make your reservation!). The acoustics are just right--not the dull roar that many managers seem to think is required to prove their restaurant is "lively." The service was immaculate; attentive servers with an excellent knowledge about each dish provided us with good advice when we narrowed our selections down to a couple of "possibles." We never had to look around to get the server for a request; they kept their eye on the table and appeared at just the right moment. The food was outstanding; I had the caramelized scallops and the hickory smoked lobster for the main dish; my wife had the Dungeness crab; it was all delicious. It was great but pricey evening (the wine adds up!). However, the prices are on the internet menu (unlike some places who just put the menu items and hide the prices), so you can assess whether this is a splurge you want to indulge in. We'll be back on special occaisions.

1  Thank Steve421
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Service and food quality was very good. Called in advance to let them know about my wife's Birthday, and they reacted very good to it.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

Knowing that this restaurant was among the best in L.A., and the flagship restaurant for the Patina group, the slightly higher than expected prices were not a surprise.

The atmosphere is quiet sophistication...not fancy..just quiet elegance.

Portions...that is something else. Every mouthful a delight....it's just that there weren't many mouthfuls. No green salads for starters. Just various fruits and other vegetables. We had A nectarine cut in eight pieces for $15.00. For dinner,, the lamb medallions were excellent. Four mouthfuls for $48.00.

Eat bread, have a couple of cups of coffee with your two mouthful $15.00 dessert. You may be contented. Bring small friends with small appetites.

1  Thank awinrm