“Lovely and delicious”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Hollywood
Cross street: Seward
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We have been to Xiomara twice, once with other couples, more recentlys with our family and both times we have come away pleased. The atmosphere is welcoming and the design touches draw your eyes around the room. The staff welcomes you warmly as soon as you arrive and remain attentive throughout your stay. We shared three appetizers for the table -- roasted beets, mussels and sweet potatoe croquettes -- and all three were delicious. The coquettes were unusual and innovative. The main dishes were varied and each one had a nice twist or surprise to it. The whole dinner unfolded in an easy, lyrical way and we are looking forward to our next visit.

There are newer reviews for Xiomara

Reviewed December 22, 2013

Came her for Dine LA and I got the pork belly, salmon, and tres leches cheesecake for my meal.

I love the vibe of the place. It has a family/romantic feel to it and the servers are really friendly.

First of all..I LOVE their bread assortment appetizer! It's definitely something I haven't had before.

The pork belly was good and well cooked. I'm not a big fan of pig fat, but still a good choice. Out of the other entrees I always enjoy fish more...so delicious. The tres leches disappointed me a bit. It wasn't really as sweet as I've had in the past, but it was more of a mocha flavor.

Overall, the menu price of $35/per is a bit much for the food that was served. I think the price was more for the service and feel of the restaurant. Also, try sitting upstairs for a better scenery.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

This was our second time at Xiomara and it was as excellent as we remembered. The food is delicious, sangria is tasty and the service is spectacular. You feel like royalty when you eat here. I also love the cuban coffee - it is the perfect way to end a meal!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Xiomara is usually not very busy at lunch, so you get excellent service along with the divine food. My current favorite: Crispy duck confit salad with baby frisee, arugula, red onions, hard boiled quail eggs and sherry vinaigrette. An interesting appetizer is the Crispy pork belly with oven- roasted potatoes and pork jus... delicious. If you happen to be in the area, they have a special Social Hour & Bar Menu (good at the bar only) Appetizers are $6, including such goodies as Mini-crab cakes with ginger and cilantro served with mango chutney...yum! They also make wonderful mojitos with fresh lime juice (not that horrid bottled stuff that some places use). They call it California cuisine with a Cuban twist. I love it!

Reviewed December 1, 2012

I eat out a lot. I like good food. Some places have food that is excellent, but not memorable. This meal was something that I will remember for quite a while. Lots of flavor, perfect balance, very good ingredients, beautiful presentation, and very nice service. Their original mojitos are the best I've tasted (and are award-winning). The music is soothing (think of the jazz soundtrack in a Woody Allen movie: charming and a little whimsical, and not too loud). For me, in the end, it's a good restaurant if I feel happy as soon as I enter, and remain happy even after I've left. And the next day, when I thought about this meal, I still felt happy! OK, that merits 5 stars in my book!