“Not quite...”

Nick & Stef's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Nick & Stef's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #557 of 9,898 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Between 3rd & 4th
Transit: Metro: 4th & Hill; Dash: Route B, Grand + 4th;
Description: Nick & Stef's Steakhouse is a fine dining restaurant in downtown Los Angeles, offering prime steak and seafood by James Beard Award winning Chef Splichal.
Los Angeles, California
“Not quite...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

I visited Nick and Stef's this year for Dine LA. After reading some other reviews, I noticed that finding the location can be tricky, so I made sure to look over the directions before going...we still got a little lost. Once we valeted (there's comp valet in the Wells Fargo building w/ validation), it was pretty easy to locate the restaurant's entrance (on the ground level of the building). Upon arrival, we didn't see the hostess stand, but one of the servers quickly pointed it out to us. We noticed that the restaurant was not packed, but as the hostess checked us in and lead us to the back, we saw that there were more people nestled inside. I loved the décor. Very classic and mature! It's neat and upscale, but not trendy and upbeat like some popular Hollywood steakhouses (STK/BOA)

Once seated, server gave us great recommendations from the Dine LA menu. I ordered the petite filet with shrimp, while my friend ordered the chicken (she's not much of a steak eater). We followed the waiter's advice, and decided to order different appetizers (caesar salad and crab cake) and desserts (s'mores and white choc. lime bar), which worked out well because we got to try more items off the menu. The salad was pretty good, but the crab cake was better... moist and flaky. Although the steak was tender, I didn't care much for the au poivre sauce. I usually prefer my steak with just some sort of rub, where I can still taste the flavor of the steak. The sauce was overwhelming. The steak was accompanied with creamed spinach and potato gratin, which were good, but not great I also tasted some of my friend's chicken. It was very tender, but a little too buttery.

Dinner wasn't at all bad, but the highlight of the night was the dessert! We both loved the white chocolate lime bar. So yummy!!! ...& the s'mores was a unexpected surprise. It was rich, but really good. I don't usually order dessert when I go to steakhouses because the food is already so heavy that I can't even possibly think of ordering dessert, but I'm glad we got to try these Dine LA options. They were great little endings to our dinner.

All in all, the experience was good, but fact is, I came here for the steak & I've honestly had much better, so I can't say I will frequent this place, can possibly see my self coming back in the future.

• Visited July 2014

• Korean first
Whittier, California
“delicious!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

my husband and i went for DIne LA week and had the salad- which was good however the steak and dessert were SO delicious!! the steak was so tender and juicy- i only wished i would have gotten the bigger size. we both got different desserts- i chose the key lime pie which was really good but i really enjoyed the smores dessert- it was so yummy and even had pop rock candy covered in chocolate ( i think thats what it was). dinner was very enjoyable and the service from the time i made reservations til the time we left was very outstanding.
cant wait to go back.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank jess22w
Los Angeles
“Delicious, Decadent, Divine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

If you enjoy a good steak, this is a must do in downtown LA. The best steak I have ever had, white glove service, incredible menu, sophisticated ambience! It is a hidden gem in downtown LA, but the ideal place for a holiday or celebration, or pre/post theater or concert. For the cost conscious (and who isnt) - they participate twice yearly in DineLA, which affords you a wonderful price fixe to try it out. Go for it!

• Visited May 2014
hh
“Good food... Great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I went her before a dinner at the Disney Hall. We got stuck in traffic (what's new?). We were about 30 minutes late. They still sat us and the waiter did a great job of getting us our food and we made it to the show on time.

Food was very good. We did the Dine LA package. The filet was great. Will definitely go here again.

Visited July 2014
Los Angeles, California
“Good upscale steak place with nice ambiance”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

This place delivers good steak and fish and is very popular for the business crowd at lunch time. I have eaten in both the bar and restaurant. Like most steak places, you need to order the sides separate from the main courses. You can expect to pay steak house prices - it is not cheap. That being said, I am always satisfied with my meal and feel it the food is very good quality. It is located near MOCA.

Visited July 2014