“Great from start to finish”
Review of Cafe Pinot

Cafe Pinot
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Pinot is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #113 of 10,746 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: French
Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Flower
Transit: Metro Rail, DASH
Description: Cafe Pinot is a fine dining, California-French inspired restaurant in downtown LA. Featuring a beautiful outside patio garden setting, floor to ceiling windows, an incredible skyline view of the city, and attentive service, we offer a dining experience that is both relaxed and romantic. We offer lunch and dinner service, catering, and event spaces for weddings and other private events. Cafe Pinot is listed by Zagat as among the top-rated Californian restaurants in LA and offering the best outdoor dining, and is a destination wedding party venue in Los Angeles. Cafe Pinot is located conviently next to the historic LA library and just minutes from The Music Center and the STAPLES Center, making it an ideal setting for pre- and post-theatre dining.
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We were greeted with a smile and welcome. Sat at a patio table with a wonderful skyline view.
Grace was our server...perfection. We never had to ask for anything. She was one of the
best servers I have had in a long time. We took advantage of the Dine LA menu.
Each course exceeded expectation. The pork belly was perfection.
If you have the opportunity to dine at Cafe Pinot..take it. We will be returning.
Top notch service and fine dining.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

When you are seated on the patio at Cafe Pinot it's hard to believe that the Los Angeles main public library building is about 50 yards away and the downtown street traffic noise doesn't overpower everything. It's a lovely setting and on the evening we visited the temperature was perfect, service outstanding and food, terrific. The servers are all professional and knowledgeable, especially when describing something that was new to one in our party.

It's a great spot for lunch or dinner -- parking is nearby. You'll be glad you visited!

Steve M, Manager at Cafe Pinot, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

January 24th, 2014
Dear Bill,
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience at Café Pinot on January 22nd. As the General Manager of the restaurant, it was a pleasure to read your very kind words and I wanted to express my sincere thanks.
We’re all very grateful for your patronage and truly look forward to having you visit again in the near future. Please feel free to call me directly at the restaurant anytime we can be of service to you, your friends, and your family. I can be reached at smeyer@patinagroup.com or by phone: (213)239-6500.
Again, thank you for your comments and we hope to see you soon.
Steve Meyer

Reviewed January 16, 2014

We had an early dinner at Cafe Pinot before a concert at Disney and it was just the ticket. We used valet parking ($7) although they had told me of free off-site parking we could use. We chose to sit outside on a pleasant evening and the patio was, in my wife's words, enchanting. The scallops appetizer was good, and for the entree I had dorado, also very nice. My wife had a salad and lobster risotto, very tasty. We shared a Key Lime bar with ice cream, a nice light finish. The service was impeccable, start to finish.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Need a place to go before theater at the Center Theatre Group? Well, this is the place. We relaxed and had an excellent pair of meals with a great drink right there. It is convenient and so good that there is no need to rush. My wife had fish and I had a burger. Service was excellent and the cool weather did not slow us down as the tent space kept us comfortable. Since we were only teps away from the Mark Taper and the Ahmanson we enjoyed a relaxing evening.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

It has become a family tradition to periodically dine at Café Pinot before going to a show at one of the Music Center venues. There is a free shuttle from the restaurant and back again after the performance. The mushroom soup has become a favorite starter plus there are good salads and other interesting appetizers such as scallops. For entrées, my wife and I chose the pork chop, one of our daughters chose the halibut and my other daughter and her husband chose the Peking duck. We were very satisfied with our choices and felt that everything was reasonably priced.

We dined on the patio this time and it was quite comfortable with the mild Southern California weather and with the heat lamps in operation. Since we were there right at opening, there was plenty of attentive staff to serve us and because we told them we had theatre tickets they kept track of the time, served us promptly and made sure we could catch the shuttle.