“Best Thai in Silverlake!”
Review of Rambutan Thai - CLOSED

Rambutan Thai
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Rambutan Thai offers you some of the area's best and well-crafted Thai and Southeast Asian cuisine in a great venue with exotic and modern decor. We are open for both dine-in or take out if you're on the go. Named after an exotic tree in Southeast Asia, Rambutan Thai uses only the best quality ingredients available and makes sure everything you order is as fresh as possible. Need a place for lunch? Rambutan Thai has delicious lunch specials until 3pm through the week that include many favorites such as Pad Thai, Beef Noodle Soup, and Tom Yum Noodle Soup. Join us for dinner for our full hearty dishes including a wide array of Curries, Stir Fry, and signature plates like the Catfish Fu Fu and Roast Duck Breast. Rambutan Thai is the perfect destination for your next date night or just a casual outing with friends and family, and while you're at it, enjoy a drink from our great selection of beer and wine. We're confident that you will leave full and satisfied. Whenever you're craving the best Thai cuisine food in Los Angeles, make a trip to Rambutan Thai hid for something special.
Reviewed April 17, 2008

Best Thai in Silverlake!

Reviewed April 10, 2008

bad service, bad food...

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 31, 2008

Really good Thai food!

Reviewed December 17, 2007

The food is great. A nice spin on Traditional Thai. Only minus is the restaurant doesn't have a full bar and it's much better to pick up rather than have delivered!

Reviewed June 13, 2007

My wife and I had heard that this was a great place from a number of people, so we decided to give it a try.

As soon as we walked in we noticed how the tables were set uncomfortably close. Almost giving the feeling that the owners were more concerned with packing the place to maximum capacity, rather than making sure their clients were comfortable. Not condusive at all to any kind of private conversation. My wife and I asked the "hostess" if we could be seated in the back room or at one of the tables that was set for 4 people (there were about 5 of these tables available at the time). We were abruptly and without concern, told "NO". And without waiting for any kind of response from us, she dropped our menus on one of the 2-person tables and walked away. We were left with no choice but to sit or leave, and rather than leave based on the actions of one surly individual, we kept the faith and sat.

The service continued like this for the duration of the meal. All of the female employees had the biggest, snootiest, and non-caring attitudes I've ever witnessed in a service oriented settting. When not "serving" people, they huddled together by the bar, almost appearing as patrons gathering for happy hour, paying little attention to the job at hand and seeming like they did not want to be bothered. I definitely would have felt very uncomfortable breaking up the party to ask for assistance.

The atmosphere was okay. The decor was nice, and the food was average.

Even though the restaurant is less than 1 mile from our house, we decided right then that we would never return. I love Thai food and my wife and I eat out approx. 3-4 times/week, but I surely don't want to pay good money to be treated like less than a 2nd class citizen.

1  Thank Mataleao