“M Grill was savory, sweet and a all for a song!”
Review of M Grill

M Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
M Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #786 of 10,036 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Barbecue, Brazilian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Central L.A
Cross street: Western
Transit: Purple Line - Wilshire and Western
Description: M Grill is an authentic Brazilian churrasco style BBQ, with a sophisticated ambiance. One that welcomes you with warm cheese-filled rolls, full bar, hot and cold buffet items, including traditional Brazilian favorites and premium meats grilled over an open fire grill.
Los Angeles, California
“M Grill was savory, sweet and a all for a song!”
Reviewed May 31, 2009

My husband and I had tickets to see Ben Harper and the Rentlesss 7 at the Wiltern theater on 05/28/09. This time I was certain to pick a 1) a cool, local place to eat and 2) a better place to park. We found both. M Grill saved the night! I actually read a review on a competitor website and decided it was worth a try. We didn't know what to expect but were so surprised when we walked inside. We discovered a swank layout with dimmed lights, dark wood, a wall length wine storage that rivals some high end restaurants (think Grace: not as large but just as tall and wide) and most importantly really good service. Sometimes, service and the quality with which it is provided can elevate the dining experience and it certainly did here. We expected just yummy Brazilian bbq but got quality wine choices great but unobtrusive service and all within walking distance to the Wiltern! The dishes were savory beef, chicken and lamb. We really liked everything including the: tri-tip, beef ribs, sirloin and garlic chicken, two types of sausage, etc. To be fair, we have always been fans of Fogo de Chao and I'm sure we'll go back there. The big difference between the two are price, and location. M Grill is far less expensive, close to the Wiltern (and other downtown destinations) and close to the Metro (although taking the Metro doesn't work for us at all) but they have their parking lot (we parked across the street on Manhattan Place for $5...shh don't tell anyone as this proved to be a cheap, safe and fast entry/exit for the concert). Fogo is centrally located but the prices a higher. Again, we like both but for great food at a great price and walking distance within the Wiltern RUN to M Grill!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Los Angeles
“Excellent Food but Chintzy Service”
Reviewed January 14, 2008

The restaurant is clean and chic, located on the 2nd floor of a remodeled art deco building. There's a fixed price for lunch and dinner buffet with all you can eat salad bar, hot sides buffet and the churrasco brought to your table.
The warm cheese bread is also a treat! Sodas are sold by cans and they offer no free-refills.

I'm a big foodie and love meat. M Grill's quality of food is excellent, but as the restaurant gains popularity (I've been going since its Day 1 soft launch), the food "rationing" is getting worse and worse. The waiters will pretty much stop coming to your table once they feel you've had enough. They will also attempt to fill your stomach with less expensive items, such as sausages, chicken and top sirloin.

Prime rib is never offered unless you ask for it. Even when, they give you only the smallest portions and keep pushing the chicken on you instead. Likewise, filet mignon is rationed is extreme small portions and won't be brought back as often as chicken.

I personally know the owner and have complained, but with no competition in the area, the management feels that chintziness is an acceptable business practice. I've hosted several birthday and office holiday parties there. As much as I love their food, I dont feel they deserve my business.

Food--excellent, IF you can get a fair share or bug the waiters enough.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“It's my favorite all-you-can-eat-BbQ, beats all those junky korean places and even Fogo de Chao. a stylish intimate...”
Reviewed November 9, 2007

It's my favorite all-you-can-eat-BbQ, beats all those junky korean places and even Fogo de Chao. a stylish intimate location with ample free parking in the back. unexpectedly located in the center of ktown but serving the most succulent, flavorful meat for an all-you-can-eat. plus, great service. dont forget to tell the server your favorite, it'll be promptly brought out. I recommend the garlic beef & polish sausage. The bacon-wrapped filet mignon is a bit tough for me. the salad bar is above average, with all your veggie cravings. i load up on the pico de gallo, try a little of the mashed yucca and fried bananas. but i'd advise you to stick with the churrasco. at least once, order the guarana soda (pricey redbull alternative at $3/ can) and get your unlimited helping of those cheese puff/breads. Mm

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook