TripAdvisor
Los Angeles
Post
Inbox
Search

“Dinner before a concert”

The Palm Los Angeles
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 11th Street
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Unfortunately, our server was simply unhelpful, and annoyed. I understand that our party had a lot of questions because we had a vegetarian, some who are kosher, and one who eats anything. We also had time constraints. All that said, his frustration should not have come out in his tone and we should not have had to ask several times for our drinks. The restaurant was in fact empty when we arrived.. Food was ok, very pricey. Wouldn’t go back. At least to this occasion.

Date of visit: September 2019
DmitriF29, General Manager at The Palm Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

I am so, so sorry you had this experience. This is not at all what you should expect. We are used to catering to all tastes. I would appreciate a chance to discuss this with you further. If you could contact me at the restaurant or by email that would be greatly appreciated.
Dmitri Fagel
213-763-4600
dfagel@thepalm.com

Write a reviewReviews (248)

Reviewed September 13, 2019

Trihn waited on us and it made our whole night. She welcomed us as if we were life long friends, like family and gave us wonderful recommendations. Our dinner tasted amazing and we will definitely make The Palm our forever "go to" place in LA.

Thanks so much Trihn!!!!

Date of visit: September 2019
DmitriF29, General Manager at The Palm Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2019

What an amazing review! Thanks for sharing this experience...
Until next time,

Reviewed August 7, 2019

I spent over $700 on a mediocre dinner. Lobster was great. Apps were great. The Wine was way overpriced. One steak was overcooked and cold. Vegetables were basically raw and tasteless. Not near what i expect from the Palm.

Date of visit: August 2019

Nathan,
We certainly need to hear this feedback. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We will endeavor to improve. Please feel free to reach out to me at the restaurant to discuss further.

Reviewed August 4, 2019

Good overall. We were 15 minutes late due to construction and LADOT's misguided road diet efforts to destroy capacity on downtown streets, but still seated immediately, which I appreciated. I don't remember previous visits to the Palm being quite this loud. If I feel like shouting to be heard, I normally go to the Water Grill. There was a problem with one entree. It was dropped in the kitchen, and had to be started over, but the staff made haste. The quality of the food once it arrived was excellent. I went with the lamb chops to save a few calories, which were listed on the menu. I asked for the lamb well done and got it well done, which is unusual anywhere. The server was amusing and friendly, but scarce for extended periods. They comped us a free Manhattan (my third of the evening, they were tasty, and absorbed the calories I conserved by going with the lamb chops over the New York steak) to make up for late arrival of the entree. The prices are a little high for what you get, but we knew that going in, so I am not inclined to complain about it.

Date of visit: August 2019

Thanks fro this great review! We are thrilled that you diverted from Water Grill to come to us. Looking forward to seeing you back very soon.

Reviewed July 23, 2019 via mobile

Greg provides us with excellent service, with a great wine recommendation last night and created a fun atmosphere. The 9oz fillet was very good as well as the classic mashed potatoes. The caricatures on the walls creates an interesting, fun and casual atmosphere with great quality food.

Date of visit: July 2019
DmitriF29, General Manager at The Palm Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2019

We are thrilled you enjoyed Greg's service. We will share this review with Greg and our entire team!
Thanks!
Dmitri

Been to The Palm Los Angeles? Share your experiences!