“Best Place to take a Colleague for a Birthday!”

The Palm Los Angeles
Reserve with OpenTable
The Palm Los Angeles is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #136 of 10,746 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 11th Street
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I work in a small office and we’re close. For birthdays and other important milestones we take one another to lunch, or desert. Over the years we’ve grown to know what everyone needs and likes to do. So, when our one colleagues’ March birthday comes we always head over to The Palm in Downtown LA for the cake selection. This year The Palm out did itself. We couldn’t decide which of the cakes were the best, but certainly my colleague with the birthday has never had better 7-layer chocolate cake anywhere. I don’t eat cake, but I had the flourless chocolate cake and it was amazing. Plus, I have to say (being an avid coffee drinker) that the coffee at The Palm is the best.
If you’re from out of town, you may like to read the walls for all the celebrity caricatures and signatures. It grows more each year.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

I prefer The Palm in WeHo, but this location was closer to where I was staying and is great. We had sexy steaks, great service and a fabulous time. When you consider any other restaurant of this caliber, it is on par with the rest.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Visited The Palm restaurant last week and had a terrific meal with terrific service. Seafood and steaks were both excellent. Sides are family style and nicely done.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

This is an expensive place to eat so expect to spend at least $60 a person or a lot more if you order drinks. The sides are a la carte but are larger enough for two people. I suggest the au gratin potatoes and the sauteed mushrooms. You can order wine by the glass and the wine list is extensive. We each had a filet mignon steak cooked medium well. It was cooked perfectly and was the most tender steak I have ever tasted. They are running a 3 course special which we ordered. The first course is a choice of salads and soup. I had the lobster bisque. It was good but nothing special. The dessert was chocolate bread pudding and it was the only choice which I did not like. It was very good but we were too full to finish it. Service was very good. As for the cost of eating there, it is a bit more expensive than Ruth Chris, Morton's or Fleming's. All of them including the Palm are special occasion restaurants for most people so don't worry about the cost and enjoy the food.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

I've eaten at Palms in NYC and Nashville locations and recently ate at this Palm thats on the Metro Line and across from the Staples Center in Dwtn LA. Like all Palms this one is good maybe even better than some. I usually eat the business lunch because it is such a bargain and a mid Thursday afternoon meal here was no exception. The service at a large bar booth was very good and all the dishes where excellent. I had a great bowl of soup, a well prepared steak, a delicious half and half (even by Palm standards) and a tasty key lime pie for desert. All this for well under $40 including tip! All making for a very nice relaxing vacation lunch. I think I had a In-and-Out Burger very late that night because the Palm was very filling. And I do remember I had a super nice late afternoon nap on the Metro Line after leaving the Palm.