“A throwback to another era”

The Palm Los Angeles
Reserve with OpenTable
The Palm Los Angeles is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #162 of 10,090 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 11th Street
Walnut Creek, California
“A throwback to another era”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

The Palm is a steak and seafood restaurant that evokes another era, not always in a good way. Dishes were standard fare. What may have been top tier years ago seems tired and dated now. The restaurant probably offers a comforting experience for those who long for the good old days, but anyone looking for a little imagination or innovation will be disappointed.

Visited May 2012

• Korean first
South San Francisco, California
“Great place and food as expected!”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Tried a new lunch burger for the first time, the 837 club burger. It was AMAZING, but I would recommend trying it in it's natural state, as is, no onions, lettuce, or tomato. Try it, if you find it needs something, add it, simply salt and pepper if desired, and it should be ready to go once it get's to you.

I have not been to this location during a game or major event, but for lunch on a Tuesday, there was plenty of street parking, and it only cost me about $1.50 for the whole time I was there. Try this place, become a member like I have, it's worth it for any business lunches, special occasions, etc.

• Visited May 2012
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Just what you would expect from the Palm”
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Had a great meal at the Palm while in LA recently. It's located in a great 1930's building with plenty of character. Great steaks, good service and only a short walk from LA Live.

Visited May 2012
Texas
“Food was good but entree too long”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

This was the first time for me at The Palm. At first they said there was a 45 minute wait (we obviously didn't a reservation & the Lakers had just played), but then one of the ladies said to follow her... She seated us right away by the bar area - just where we wanted to be. Fantastic!

My husband and I shared our dishes - which they accommodated with no problem at all. The seared tuna for appetizer was very good - and quite hearty definitely ought to be shared. Then we shared an iceburg lettuce wedge. That was very filling and good as well. At this point, I was quite full but my husband had already ordered a steak. The steak was good but it took about 20-30 minutes from the time the salad was presented to the steak. Since we had to be picked up to go to the airport - this meant we did not have the time to relish and enjoy our steak. Too bad....

• Visited April 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Both LA Locations are Great”
Reviewed March 25, 2012

I eat at the Palm several times a year. Sometimes downtown before a hockey game at nearby Staples Center and at other times we celebrate birthdays and occasions at the West Hollywood location on Santa Monica Blvd. The steaks and the service at the Palm can't be beat. Downtown has a bit of a different vibe since it's a newer building and more spacious. The older West Hollywood branch is old-school with tight booths and a louder atmosphere.

Both feature all the celebrity drawings you could care to look at. The menu is classic NY style steakhouse. I almost always get the NY strip and it is cooked to perfection. A side of green beans and I'm set. My kids love the cottage fries , really more like home made potato chips. A nice wine list including by the glass selections and some cool house cocktails are worth checking out as well.
The service is usually very nice and the hosts, especially at the West Hollywood branch are great guys. I belong to their 837 club, frequent diner, and get freebies and specials from them emailed to me all the time.
The Palm is my go to steakhouse. I've also been to the one in Vegas and NYC .

• Visited March 2012