“A Warm and Friendly Place With Very Good Food”
Review of Marino

Marino
Reserve with OpenTable
Marino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #255 of 10,239 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Hollywood
Cross street: Wilcox
Reviewed November 28, 2011

This is a warm, friendly place located In Hancock Park, just a few miles south of Hollywood. We live in the neighborhood and have been coming here for at least 15 years. The host always greets you wamly (no attitude) and the recently remodeled dining room is both comfortable and attractive, and it also has an intimate feel to it. Service has always been good, and sometimes they've fixed me Italian dishes that I like but were not on the menu--that's a gracious establishment! The food has always been consistently good and reasonably priced (not ultra cheap, but a fair value with other comparable restaurants). We'll continue to go there for a good rmeal in a relaxing and friendly environment.

1  Thank Steve421

Reviewed June 13, 2011

I went to Marino's the first night they opened way back when. I was alone and it was late. The Marino family was sitting in a booth near.the entry. They invited me to sit down and have a glass of wine and have some of the Lobster di able they were having. It was the best I have ever had. I have been a customer for almost 30 years...let me recommend the anti pasta, the fish is always fresh that day but the angel hair is my favorites. Mr Marino died last year but his son Mario is just as charming and a wonderful host.
by the way...best Martini in town.

2  Thank Joebadeau
Reviewed May 17, 2010

Consistently great food and outstanding service. You are greeted like family and treated like royalty. Highly recommended if you are looking for old school traditional Italian cuisine.

2  Thank AZAudioGuy
Reviewed August 21, 2009

My husband and I have been coming to Marino for over twenty years.It has become a tradition for us to come here for our anniversary, and we visit often during the rest of the year. Their caesar salad is always excellent; the clams oreganate just like the way we like them in NY, and all their pastas are terrific. We especially like the lasagne, and the canneloni can't be beat.They usually have a speical stuffed veal chop that is wonderful, but we often get the veal sorrentina which is like veal parmesian but not breaded and very light. My husband loves the lamb chops which are smothered in tiny marinated hot peppers-although he asks for half hot and half sweet peppers and they are always accomodating. The house made cheescake is very traditional Italian ricotta cheescake and absolutely delicious! A wonderful restaurant that feels like home!

2  Thank prettymonet
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed March 17, 2008

Family run and owned. This is said to be one of the last Hollywood Italian places to take future collegues and seal a deal while breaking into good Italian bread. Leave with a smile and take the Canolis.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook