“GREAT FOOD! GREAT SERVICE! LOVE THE OWNERS!”
Review of Luna Park

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Central L.A
Cross street: Wilshire
Transit: Yes!
Description: Established in 2003 and under new ownership since March 2013, Luna Park is proud to be one of LA's' true neighborhood gems, with casually hip decor, a lively bar scene, and delicious moderately-priced cuisine. The menu, mostly American w/ French and Italian accents, features delicious ingredients presented in a way that is comforting and nourishing to the soul. We are proud to use locally sourced ingredients as much as possible, and our menu features a variety of gluten free and vegetarian friendly choices. Luna Park is open for lunch daily and dinner nightly, with Happy Hour from 4 to 7pm weekdays and Late Nite Friday and Saturdays 10-11:30 PM 1/2 off drinks and pizzas. We look forward to seeing you here soon!
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Two of my dearest friends GAY-loped over the summer and I wanted to do something very special for them. I live in Las Vegas and so I had to rely on recommendations from friends and the power of the internet. After receiving a reply from the owners of the restaurant immediately, I knew this was the "right" place.

We showed up with wedding cake and decorations and there they were all waiting for us to help out and do what was needed! Drinks started coming and when the guests of honor showed up, they were "shocked" and elated about the brunch!

That would all have been well and fine, then the food came out! WOW!!! DELICIOUS!!! Fresh. Tasty! Great presentation! Everyone in the party enjoyed the entire experience at Luna Park!

Thanks to everyone at the restaurant! Cannot wait to come back for another visit!!!

1  Thank Ritchie D

Reviewed September 26, 2013

I only come here when I'm fresh out of choices because I'm stuck in a ghettoish part of LA that I can't stand. Yes, I'm biased, but I avoid this area unless I'm meeting up with friends because they live around the corner, or my friends want a quick solution to hang out after an s factor session. I always cringe at wasting my time, but Luna takes the sting out of my resistance. It's OK, but like I said, not a place I'd go, just to come here.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Just back from taking my friend/roommate to dinner. The food was marvelous; we shared a vegan pizza and a salad nicoise, with the former being especially notable. What a very delicious, very light crust! What really distinguished the experience was our server, the lovely and vivacious Diana, hearing my reference to its being my friend's birthday and, without being asked, bringing him a sparkler-decorated bowl of the most delicious ice cream in Los Angeles at meal's end. That, my friends, is what's known as above and beyond the call of duty. I chatted briefly with Maria, one of the new owners, just before leaving, and she was as charming as she is beautiful. That she takes great pride in her restaurant is unmistakable. I will return soon and often.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Awesome place to eat, great ambiance, on the expensive side though. Food is fantastic, and the drink selection is also great (though again making it more $).

Very casual feel, but also can be secluded and romantic. Hip.

2  Thank Ross C
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We had dinner at Luna Park on a Thursday night, at around 6:30 PM. The restaurant is small and casual, with wooden tables and a number of more private booths (three of the booths have very cool curtains that can be closed to create a very intimate dining experience). We were seated at a standard table since all the booths had been reserved.

Service was a bit slow at first -- our waiter seemed a bit overwhelmed with a large number of tables -- but once we placed our order things went very smoothly. The menu here isn't large, but everything we tried was fabulous. My husband and I shared the mussels appetizer, which was just delicious -- a huge serving of large, plump mussels steamed with chilies, chorizo, cilantro, and lime in a savory beer broth. For some reason, this is served with french fries on the side (maybe for dipping in the broth?), but our son ate most of those! He had a Caesar salad for his appetizer, which had a Southwest spin on it -- he said it was very good.

For dinner, I had their salmon with potato risotto and a lemon beurre blanc -- it was awesome! The salmon was cooked perfectly, medium-rare with a fabulously crispy skin. My husband had the seafood and andouille sausage gumbo with shrimp, mussels, and white fish, which he said was amazing -- tons of seafood served on basmati rice, all of it full of flavor from the sausage. Our son ordered the chicken, which was marinated in ale and served on jalapeno cheddar grits. He said it was really delicious (he'd never had grits before and he was surprised how much he liked them).

We shared two of their desserts -- the peanut butter chocolate mousse pie and a fried apple turnover with caramel ice cream (that one was a special that evening). Both were heavenly!

Overall, this is a terrific restaurant with an awesome kitchen. It's not fancy (no white tablecloths), but it's definitely the kind of place where you can linger over a glass of wine. Highly recommended.

1  Thank cunning12