“Grease and sugar heaven”

Roscoe's House of Chicken & Waffles
Ranked #65 of 10,254 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Neighborhood: Hollywood
Reviewed February 22, 2013

If you are looking for real friendly service and down home soul food in L.A., go to Roscoe's. Fried Chicken is hot and crispy, waffles with TWO big balls of butter on top and plenty of syrup and hot sauce. Sound like too much? Give it a try, it's definitely worth it. Hey, even Snoop Dog eats here so it must be good.
The prices are great and if your appetite is not HUGE you can definitely split one entree between two people and still leave satisfied. Plus, the T shirts are cute and cost only ten bucks!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Fried Chicken that is hot and crispy. Waffles that are tender and slathered in butter and drenched in syrup. Roscoe's is a must do experience. They also have breakfast foods like eggs, sausage, grits & gravy, and sides like salad, fries, greens and sweet potatoes for lunch and dinner. But really you're coming here for the chicken & waffles. Roscoe's is expensive for their menu offerings, but worth an occasional splurge. Visit the Sunset & Gower location for the occasional celebrity sighting.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

I definitely couldn't eat this everyday but I loved it. I got the Scoes #1 which is 1/4 chicken and 2 waffles. The waffle is probably the best I've ever had. You can just smell how sweet they are. The chicken was hot, crispy and juicy. I put syrup and hot sauce on everything. Definitely one of the highlights of pir vacation.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I told a couple of friends I was going to LA, and they said I had to go to Roscoe's for them! So glad we did. It was delicious, and beyond filling. We could have easily shared a meal. I would definitely recommend it!

1  Thank leylacheri
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I go to Roscoe's every once in a while. Normally it's when there's a person in our group who hasn't been there. That makes it more fun to watch them take it all in. The food is decent, but for years I kept thinking "hmmm, I must have just gotten an older piece of chicken". But I think their chicken is just dry.