“Unique Setting, Great Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Off Vine

Off Vine
Ranked #81 of 9,898 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Hollywood
Cross street: Sunset & Vine
Transit: Hollywood and Argyle. At the W Hotel. Across the street from the Pantage Theatre
Los Angeles, California
“Unique Setting, Great Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

Went here for Sunday Brunch last weekend. I like the restaurant is unique as it is actually set in a home. The location is right off busy Sunset which I like. Valet or Lot parking was $5 which I thought was not to bad considering the location. Anyhow, they give you some warm carrot bread to start and it was very good. Meal: I ordered the French Toast off the Brunch Menu and it was delicious. I also added the Bottomless Mimosas's to my meal (this was my favorite). The service was fast and the the waiters and staff were all very attentive. I never had to ask for a water or Mimosa refill, they were all over it! I sat out on the patio whcih was very nice especially with the beautiful weather we had. However, I think the fence, floor and charis could be a little less dirty/dusty even though they are outside. Other than that I would definately return here, perhaps for Dinner, I can see how this can be a very romantic settign at night.

• Visited October 2012

Carlsbad, CA
“Charming”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

Like others we needed to dine before the theater---we found this place by way of a parking offer from the venue.
We were very pleased. The food is very good and well priced. Our server, Trevor, was very attentive and at ease in answering our questions about the menu. It is a great place to have a leisurely glass of wine on the patio before ordering---twinkle lights make everybody happier.

• Visited October 2012
Los Angeles
“A Pleasant Ambiance for Dinner”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

This converted former residence has great ambiance, although the wood floor of the outdoor area badly needs painting and the chairs there are very basic and uncomfortable. Nevertheless we decided to eat on the patio and the late September weather was perfect for a casual dinner before the theater.

Wait service was friendly, professional and all items were promptly delivered with good timing between courses. The bread selection was good, except that the French bread selection could have been of a higher quality, i.e.crust was soft and bread was bland. The wine list was adequate and had a number of good affordable selections. We selected an Earthworks Shiraz 2008 and it was full bodied and delicious.

For starters we shared a Beet Salad and a Mushroom Salad. Both were well prepared and ample. My only criticism was the very citrusy dressing on the Mushroom Salad (too bitter).

The daily specials included Seafood Risotto which two of us selected. The portions were very ample with plenty of seafood variety; however, we all agreed that the risotto was poorly prepared. It was extremely bland and had thin sauce consistency vs the normal creaminess of a good risotto. The Chicken Pot Pie was excellent and, with its wonderful crust overflowing, made for a great presentation. The Rotelli was kind of a standard pasta dish with meat sauce and had good taste.

We shared a Chocolate Soufflé for dessert, heeding the server’s caution that it had to be ordered early in the meal. Personally I do not like chocolate soufflés because I prefer the flavor of intense chocolate vs the diluted taste in a soufflé. But the others in the party seemed to like it.

All in all, it was a relaxing evening and we did not feel rushed pre-theater. With wine, tax and tip, the meal ran about $50 per person.

• Visited September 2012
Long Beach, CA
“Good, quaint restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

We had gotten stuck in traffic, missed the turn and the crew was filming in front of Off Vine, but we were met at the curb, valet parked, immediately seated and served salad, appetizers and wine with time to spare to walk to the theater. Food was great, prices reasonable, and staff more than accommodating . Can't wait to go again and have a relaxing meal.

• Visited September 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Trendy place to go for a good variety of dishes that won't break the bank.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

This place is off the beaten path and is a nice choice for a good meal that is fair-priced. The staff friendly and welcome questions. Feel free to order "off the menu," I did, and they were quite accommodating.