“nice outdoor seating area”
Review of Grub

Grub
Ranked #717 of 9,979 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Hollywood
Description: A hidden gem located in the heart of Post Production Hollywood (911 Seward Street is nestled between Santa Monica Blvd and Melrose and Highland and Cahuenga), Grub now serves Lunch and Dinner 7 days a week and an award winning weekend Brunch. Enjoy dining in a converted 1920's bungalow with serene outside patio you can sip on our famous Lemon Basil Champagne or homemade Blueberry Lemonade and relax with this Top Chef's California Comfort Food fare! Gorgeous at night and perfect for that fun first date!
Chicago, Illinois
“nice outdoor seating area”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Our friends who live in L.A. and work very nearby this restaurant took us there - it's one of their favorites. The outdoor seating area was lovely, with lots of foliage and flowers. When we were first seated, the waiter brought out a bowl of cereal (looked like Fruit Loops) for us to munch on. My husband and I were confused by this, but I think it was just the restaurant trying to being quirky and different.

The menu has both brunch and lunch items. I ordered a chicken, brie, and basil sandwich, which was very good. The herbed and grilled potatoes that I got on the side were even better. My husband ordered a BLT because our friends told us that the bacon was the best thing there. I tried a bite of the bacon and I have to say - it WAS pretty magical! It was very thick cut and also had a delicious sweetness to it. I would order something with bacon if I ever went back.

Grub also has unique cocktails and a beer list.

Overall, it was good for an afternoon al fresco lunch. I would go back if I was ever in L.A. again.

• Visited October 2012

Richfield
“Unexpected surprise”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We were visiting our son in LA and just looking for a place near our VRBO rental, so I looked up nearby restaurnts and found Grub just walking distance from where we were staying. As we got near, I thought there must be a mistake because of the neighborhood (very residential). But sure enough we found Grub.

Everything we had was very good. The Crack Bacon is what people say. I also had a side of creamed corn with crack bacon. It was really awesome.

I would say what really sets this apart is the atmosphere. While the menu has pieces of brilliance, most of it is fairly ordinary. But the place is very cozy.

We came back for a brunch on Sunday and the breakfast was even better. The french toast was really tasty.

The price seemed fine, the service was excellent and both indoor and outdoor seating was very nice.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank 1bike
San Francisco, California
“Best Bacon award? Say no more”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

What a great little hidden gem! Libby, the manager, is a fantastically bubbley hostesses. You must try a Famous Fosse Cookie and the bacon quesidilla...amazing!

• Visited April 2012
Victoria, Canada
“Two words: crack bacon!”
Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

You can easily tell why this little hidden away gem has Best of LA plaques on the walls - along with many kitschy signs and wall hangings.

The food was off the hook: my wife had the truffle burger, which was cooked perfectly and enhanced exponentially by the subtle use of truffle oil. I had the French toast (really, they use croissants instead of bread!!) with a side of crack bacon, which is a spicy/salty/sweet almost candied bacon. Glad I went to the gym!

The service was very friendly and our waters and coffees were kept topped up by the support staff. Our server was a bit neglectful, as he was also running the till and sorting out take-out orders. Nothing unforgivable, though.

The atmosphere is very warm and welcoming - also seems to be very LGBT friendly, based on the clientele. Also hipsters (the $2.50 pints of PBR attracts them like flies to honey). I HIGHLY reccomend!

Los Angeles, California
“Rub A Dub Grub”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

No three men in a tub, but very lovely spot in the post production section of Hollywood. In fact across the street from Glen Glen sound where I booked my first movie, A League of Their Own. Breakfast is my favorite. For once place with strong enough coffee for a die-hard espresso drinker. You need to train the workers (if the owner isn't there) to lower their preference of music so that you can actually enjoy the people you are eating with (and trying to catch up on their lives) Hello? Grub Help, this isn't just your terrarium - customers actually come in and want a calm, somewhat welcoming experience. I have had that there as well. But just take charge. They'll accommodate. Food and house are worth the visit.

Visited July 2012